Notices

Human Nature

Old 05-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Human Nature

Here we are again. Another scammer/conman/grifter/poser has been exposed. With the latest developments on the SOS king being dethroned, I began to wonder a little about human nature. For the record, I respected Sunkin and never once thought he was a liar. I trusted Fred Cecil, and my wallet is forever lighter for that trust. I followed the tales of Big Scotty, and never doubted his credibility. Only now, when I look back on the posts made by these guys, I'm amazed at how gullible we all are. It's so obvious now. PURE H O R S E S H I T!

Let's all list out top ten reasons for being suspicious about anyone who posts online.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

one upping, no matter what you have done, the person has always done something bigger and better.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a few boaters that have never posted online. Those that do tend to know others that do. If someone acts as though they are highly visible and they don't tie in other known online people when detailing their activities: there's a sign.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
I know a few boaters that have never posted online. Those that do tend to know others that do. If someone acts as though they are highly visible and they don't tie in other known online people when detailing their activities: there's a sign.

Excellent Point

Anyone that uses the credibility of others to gain respect rather than use their own past history.
Dropping ICON names and BUILDER names as close friends or business associates.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
dead on , you know we all like pictures and we tend to show off our toys with pics . So when some one comes on with no pics EVER it may be time to start wondering what the real truth is.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the internet. Identities can be camouflaged easily. Character resumes can be fabricated and embellished at will. It is sad to see the need to exaggerate ones own identity just to satisfy an internal lack of confidence or well being.

Even though there is significant difference between Fred and Chris, they are both prime examples of skewed integrity.

I still choose to put faith in others. There are far more that have integrity and honesty than those who choose the path of deception and illusion. Trust is something that is earned. Ironically that can only be done when given the opportunity to earn said trust. And that takes risk. One in which we all engage. Cyber space has changed many facets of trust and integrity, no doubt. To expect high standards of integrity and trust on the internet pushes that trust factor. To let it consume one is futile at best.

Sam
Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

If they say they have a boat and their posting on a holiday - red flag.

If they brag about how many other boats they have ridden on - red flag

If they have a fleet of boats yet can be found posting every single weekend - red flag. If you have a fleet of boats you should be working on them or enjoying them on the weekends.

Have a boat and don't post a single pic or video - red flag. Everybody likes to brag.

If they say they have a boat and never talk about repairing it - red flag.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When they know more than Albert Einstein
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Excellent Point

Anyone that uses the credibility of others to gain respect rather than use their own past history.
Dropping ICON names and BUILDER names as close friends or business associates.
Now there is one of the traits of a seasoned "Con Man"
Look Out! Cause this guy is moving in the shadows and going in for the kill..........

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 05-08-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...d-reading.html

Read the above, almost like he's crying out for help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.