Notices

Outdrive Trim Indicator

Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outdrive Trim Indicator

I replaced the trim cable on my outdrive, but now with it trimmed all the "IN" it stops at "2" instead of going to "1". I played with the adjustment under the dash with no luck. Is there some other adjustment point I can try? Any help is much appreciated.
Also... where can I get some of those pointers for the indicator? (the ones thact came standard on a 94 fever)
Also...I'm fairly new to OSO and not familiar with all the jargon. What does ff and fff mean?
Thanks...
Old 06-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like the activator (push rod) on the lower unit is mounted too far forward. Check that the drive is actually all the way down, then move the push rod aft a little bit until it reads 1 on the indicator. It will be a bit hard to move the push rod/housing back as the spring inside is quite stout.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...it's at the lake, but now I have a plan for the weekend. It doesn't keep me off the water, but it does bug me. BTW...I like those resin butckets!
Thanks for the help.