Drive Oil Analysis Lab

Notices

Drive Oil Analysis Lab

Old 07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive Oil Analysis Lab

What oil analysis labs out there might have done more testing on drive gear lube than the rest. I have already contacted Blackstone Labs and they do not have much. I plan on starting drive gear lube analysis to track drive gear wear versus the lube oils I try and I want a lab that has a bigger data base on drive lube oil as a reference.

If anyone has personal drive lube analysis history that they would not mind sharing that would be appreciated as well.

Bravo XR is the drive of primary interest.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
What oil analysis labs out there might have done more testing on drive gear lube than the rest. I have already contacted Blackstone Labs and they do not have much. I plan on starting drive gear lube analysis to track drive gear wear versus the lube oils I try and I want a lab that has a bigger data base on drive lube oil as a reference.

If anyone has personal drive lube analysis history that they would not mind sharing that would be appreciated as well.

Bravo XR is the drive of primary interest.

Thanks
I use Oil Analysis Lab in Spokane, Washington. I have a report from my Bravo X drives with about 60 hours on the oil, which was still good to go. I was using the AMSOIL Marine 75w/80w-90 Gear Oil, but am now using the AMSOIL 75w-110 this year.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try a caterpillar dealer. they have analysis labs on site and they do all different lubes.( gear ,engine, antifreeze) I use them for my ocean yacht on a regular basis to keep track my engines in my big boat.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
I use Oil Analysis Lab in Spokane, Washington. I have a report from my Bravo X drives with about 60 hours on the oil, which was still good to go. I was using the AMSOIL Marine 75w/80w-90 Gear Oil, but am now using the AMSOIL 75w-110 this year.
Could you share the PPM if iron number that was reported and your engines horsepower?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Allicat38
Try a caterpillar dealer. they have analysis labs on site and they do all different lubes.( gear ,engine, antifreeze) I use them for my ocean yacht on a regular basis to keep track my engines in my big boat.
I really need someone that has a history of testing Bravo drives. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

ttt