Hardin Marine stainless steel sea pump with the cross over >

Hardin Marine stainless steel sea pump with the cross over

Notices

Hardin Marine stainless steel sea pump with the cross over

Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardin Marine stainless steel sea pump with the cross over

Has Anyone used Hardin Marine stainless steel sea pump with A cross over and experienced any problems like low volumes at low rpm? Causing the guage to shoot up after shuting down and go to idle.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Better take a look at that impeller to see if is all in 1 piece still
Old 07-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

I have there setup on my 572. And my temp will hang around the 150 area under a load with 140 t stat. But I do see 170 to 180 at idle after a hard run. I just idle it up to 1500 rpms and it seams to cool back down fast. This only happends after a hard run, and then you go right to idle. I belive that mine stays under 160 on the hard runs. Just seams to get alittle hot when you go from hard run, to idle. Just give it a few more rpm's for 30 sec or so and it should cool right back down. At least mine does????
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Has Anyone used Hardin Marine stainless steel sea pump with A cross over and experienced any problems like low volumes at low rpm? Causing the guage to shoot up after shuting down and go to idle.
Yea, low water flow, lots of steam, will not prime, ect.... Last time this came up it was banned and deleted. I had one, they gave me a full refund, exchaged for the old style stock merc body and hardin backplate. I am just telling my experence and not trying to bash them or there products. I know of other here that had the same problem.

Last edited by jeffswav; 07-27-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I have a hand ported Merc pump with a Stainless Marine crossover setup. I run 150 most of the time, but it will go up to 180 after a hard run at idle. It cools down after a minute or two.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Yea, low water flow, lots of steam, will not prime, ect.... Last time this came up it was banned and deleted. I had one, they gave me a full refund, exchaged for the old style stock merc body and hardin backplate. I am just telling my experence and not trying to bash them or there products. I know of other here that had the same problem.
must be political.....