Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer >

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Notices
View Poll Results: Favorite Tool Manufacturer?
Matco
4.95%
Snap-On
53.15%
Craftsman
36.04%
Other
5.86%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Old 04-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Who is? Matco, Snap-On, Craftsman or other? I need to replace some tools and I'm not sure where I'll buy them from next.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

Snap-on!
Old 04-27-2003, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always had Craftsman.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

With well over 30k invested in my tools, over half are Snap On. A good portion are Mac. I still have quite a bit of Craftsman left in the box too. All my Craftsman ratchets are nothing but pry bars or paper weights. The quality difference between a high end ratchet like Snap On/Mac and Craftsman is night and day. All of my Craftsman wrenches and sockets seem to be fine in comparrison to the other brands.

I won't be spending a whole lot of money on Craftsman in the future. When you make a living using these tools it's easy to tell the difference.

Buck
Old 04-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Registered

They all make fine tools that are guaranteed(sp) for life.
The problem is: unless you are in a business where a Mac, Snap-On, Cornwell...ect truck visits you on a regular basis, or unless you live near a distributor it can be diffucult for the average Joe to get a broken tool replaced. As for Craftsman you can just drive to Sears to have it replaced

Also Craftsman tools are perfecty fine for someone who does not use or abuse them a lot. If you use your handtools on a daily basis and they take a lot of abuse and strain names like Snap-On and Mac are worth paying the extra bucks for.

Last edited by THRILLSEEKER; 04-27-2003 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Registered

Over 24 views and only 6 votes? What's up with that? I figured this topic would definetly merit more responses.

Anywayl, thanks for responses so far. I appreciate it. I was leaning toward Craftsmen to save some money and expand the chest, but I'll re-evaluate and look at the better ones.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:20 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Most of my tools are Craftsman. I like being able to go to any Sears store to get one replaced if it ever has an issue. Plus they are a bit cheaper than Snap-on, Matco, Mac, etc... I don't abuse my tools everyday, so the Craftsman work just fine for me. I do know a Mac tools salesman quite well, MacDad260 on this board drives a Mac Tools truck for a living, and does quite well doing it. If I could afford his tools, I'd have them. But I do just fine with what I have. Besides, my motor is at his shop, so I get to use his tools anyway!!!!
Old 04-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Registered

I guess I'm the only Matco guy. I have 50/50 Matco and Snap-on. IMHO, Matco is just as good, and usually 25% cheaper.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Craftsman.
What do you do when you break a snap-on or Mac tool on saturday afternoon.
Sears is open 7 day's..
And half the price.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Registered

What do you do when you break a snap-on or Mac tool on saturday afternoon.
Point well taken. In over 35 years, I've I think I can count on two hands, the number of tools that have actually broken (lost is another thing ). If I broke a tool and needed a replacement immediately, chances are I either have a duplicate or someting similar. If not, I probably buy a Craftsman and wait for the truck to come by.

If you buy good stuff, take care of it, and use it properly, I don't think its an issue.

Quick Reply: OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.