Water/Fuel Pump Gas in Cam Area >

Water/Fuel Pump Gas in Cam Area

Notices

Water/Fuel Pump Gas in Cam Area

Old 04-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/Fuel Pump Gas in Cam Area

I pulled the fuel pumps off the water pump and there was a gas and oil mixture in the blue pump. Did my fuel pumps take a dump? Do I rebuild or replace them? Who carries the rebuild kit, or new ones?

Thanks
Shawn
Old 04-16-2004, 11:06 PM
merlin540

fuel pumps are bad and you need to flush that old oil out of the sea pump. i wouldnt rebuild it i would replace it

Old 04-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Registered

Charlie, are these special fuel pumps, or standard auto stuff?

thanks
Shawn
Old 04-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Danny_Ocean

Although marine fuel pumps resemble auto, and an auto pump will work, they are definitely two different monsters (the marine pump has an additional fitting which allows fuel from a ruptured diaphragm to overflow into the carb and not into your bilge).

Please, for your safety and as a courtesy to the future owner of your boat, don't go "cheap" by purchasing parts for you boat at an automotive supply house. I just spent THOUSANDS of dollars un-doing what "Bubba" (the previous owner) did to my boat by buying all his parts from Manny, Moe & Jack.

Best regards,

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 04-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Registered

It is not that uncommon to get a little gas in there change the oil in the housing and run it and re check some of the housings don't have a drain you will half to suck the oil out.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:28 PM
merlin540

the arm on that pump is different. how many hrs are on those pumps. buy the way cp performance makes a nice upgraded pump for that setup. we used it on a 600sc that we upgraded and it worked well. seeya

Old 04-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Holley or Carter pumps are interchangable. Just use the existing armature housing with either of the above pumps.
Just remove the six screws from the new one and the old one and swap them. Very easy.
The saftey hose is on the housing you will reuse.

If you look close at this photo, you can see the Holley mounted to the water/fuel housing...Works flawlessly.
Attached Thumbnails Water/Fuel Pump Gas in Cam Area-fuel-pump.jpg  
Old 04-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Ya know what, I wouldn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling, at least one that you want to have................, about having ANY....leaking fuel in the boat!! If there is fuel mixing with the oil in the pump housing I would repair it!!
That being said, I like Nordic Heat's idea, now that is good thinking! In fact we are going to try that out in a Buddy of mines Fountain.