Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Awesome
Opinions on a 26 Awesome?  This or a 272 baja, looking to buy.... >

Opinions on a 26 Awesome? This or a 272 baja, looking to buy....

Notices

Opinions on a 26 Awesome? This or a 272 baja, looking to buy....

Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thumper038
Hey Duff,
Glad you are still having fun with the cat look me up if you make it to Loto, we sold the marina and bought a cat of our own to finally play instead of work work work. Your Cat still looks great.
Having sold the boats the X dimension is so high cause there is no where for the oil pan to go on the motor
Thumper / Jim
I'll be there Aug. 14th. - Aug. 21st. - Staying at the Tree Tops Village at the Four Seasons. It would be cool to hook up. - You are right you are pretty limited as to what oil pans you can use on the 26 Awesome.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
the drive spacer helps keep the prop hooked up & helps the porpoise at certain speeds, keeping the prop in the water will help your drive live longer. A stock bravo will NOT last long with a decent HP in that boat, My brother destroyed several bravo's including xr's until finally switching to a BMAX
What oil pan are you using on this boat?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how can you be thinking of a 272 Baja and a 26 awesome cat in the same sentence. the Baja is a family truckster boat . there are a dozen different bajas that are better than the 272 . I don't understand the thinking behind that .
Old 04-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tim brown
how can you be thinking of a 272 Baja and a 26 awesome cat in the same sentence. the Baja is a family truckster boat . there are a dozen different bajas that are better than the 272 . I don't understand the thinking behind that .

Well......I knew I could get the baja close to the century mark, liked the lines, and the nice windshield to sit behind. Wanted one for years now.......

Just wondered upon the awesome, got impulsive, and bought one after reading some comments and getting good feedback. Glad I did!! Can't wait to start modifying to the century mark and past.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Duff,
gonna be down for the shootout we live past our old marina on e mail me when you get a chance
[email protected]
Thumper.