Notices

25 outlaw vs 288 Sunsation hihi

Old 09-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 25 outlaw vs 288 Sunsation hihi

Copied from a post on the Sunsation forum by Reckless 32;

I'm gonna venture to say I'm probably one of the most experienced rough water 288 & 32 driver/owners on the board by virtue of my location which basically is the southern Chesapeke Bay and Atlantic Ocean. I average roughly 100+ hours per year at the helm of these boats in tough waters and in many circumstances most would wilt under.

The only thing I can think of is the Sunsation owner doesn't have enough time behind the wheel in tough waters to fully have it dialed in for max performance, nor maybe will never gain enough such experience because of an aversion to operating when things are tough.

Most tend to forget the driver; his inclinations; and experience, play major roles in a boat's perfomance capability. I imagine you could "really" hammer if it were you driving the 288....

I agree with the above statements, however I do not find pleasure in a boat that has to be "DRIVEN". Just me, but for pleasure use and not for racing I do not see the purpose of a boat that is on the edge and driver input is so important.

There is another brand (I won't mention the name) that every time a statement is made that the brand has been beat by another brand, the first replies are that "The Guy Does NOT Know How To Drive IT".

Probably true, but I'm not putting my wife behind the wheel, or my friends or family in a boat that requires me to be 100% on my toes all the time, that one mistake could mean disaster.

I'm not a racer, I just enjoy boating and have found Baja to be a good solid and safe boat. Every boat and every driver has their limitations, and I think people should respect that.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 09-05-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree DOC
Old 09-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I agree with the above statements, however I do not find pleasure in a boat that has to be "DRIVEN". Just me, but for pleasure use and not for racing I do not see the purpose of a boat that is on the edge and driver input is so important.

There is another brand (I won't mention the name) that every time a statement is made that the brand has been beat by another brand, the first replies are that "The Guy Does NOT Know How To Drive IT".

Probably true, but I'm not putting my wife behind the wheel, or my friends or family in a boat that requires me to be 100% on my toes all the time, that one mistake could mean disaster.

I'm not a racer, I just enjoy boating and have found Baja to be a good solid and safe boat. Every boat and every driver has their limitations, and I think people should respect that.
I agree with you Dock , when my friend have is 25 Outlaw , he give me a ride i will remember all my life , but the story in the 1000 Island , i am sure my wife be able to drive my boat as well then me (my wife made a poker run this summer with my boat , cause me i bum a ride in the 42 Tiger of our friend GLH , what a Blast here up North ....) my 25 made a good job against this invasion of the Sunsation in the Baja land