Originally Posted by Showdown
Any results?
you should read the whole thread !!

For You once more our results

GPS results for the 25 outlaw

stock engine 66 MPH - 24 `Bravo 1 prop
Raylar 103 Kit: 28 `Bravo 1 prop
5 Persons on board and full fuel 4900 RPM - 74 MPH on GPS

but last try we made 5000 RPM - so I think 75 - 76 MPH is possible - thats a gain of 10 MPH for the Raylar kit
Old 11-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 25 Outlaw - 496 HO - Raylar upgrade

Originally Posted by 496power
How fast is a Baja 25 with an HP 500 or HP 525
How much more do you have to pay for those blue engines ?
I think the Raylar Kit is worthevery penny due to its results and what is even more importand - the factor of customer satisfaction (from 5 kits I have driven myself) is 100 %

@272 ownwers - How fast is a 272 with HP 500 or HP 525 ?

Best regards

496power
out of those 5 kits how many are staying together??
A few friends have wound up on the back of a tow-rope after valve-train failures, all within 5 hours of install

Old 11-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dicudmore
out of those 5 kits how many are staying together??
A few friends have wound up on the back of a tow-rope after valve-train failures, all within 5 hours of install

Untill today all 5 kits run perfect without any problems-
the triple engine boat did run 55 hours this season with the Raylar kits
Attached Thumbnails 25 Outlaw - 496 HO - Raylar upgrade-3-x-525kl.jpg  

Last edited by 496power; 11-18-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Registered

So are you saying the Raylar kits cause valve train failures ?? what failed ??
Old 11-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Re: 25 Outlaw - 496 HO - Raylar upgrade

I would not call a broken rocker arm lock down nut valve train failure. We had two boats with our kits that had one of our rocker arm adjusting nuts that failed. We believe some of the failure could be attributed to over torquing beyond ten foot pounds and a small machining thread error. In any event, take off the valve cover, replace the nut and boat back on the water. We supplied the new nuts and we paid the labor. Considering there are over 100 Raylar kits out there with hundreds of operating hours I consider our success ratio pretty damn good! There are no perfect products, we try very hard and we step up to the problem. I think that speaks for itself. Funny how some people like to find whats wrong with products versus whats right? Who else is doing anything big for the 496?

Ray @ Raylar
Old 11-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
I would not call a broken rocker arm lock down nut valve train failure. We had two boats with our kits that had one of our rocker arm adjusting nuts that failed. We believe some of the failure could be attributed to over torquing beyond ten foot pounds and a small machining thread error. In any event, take off the valve cover, replace the nut and boat back on the water. We supplied the new nuts and we paid the labor. Considering there are over 100 Raylar kits out there with hundreds of operating hours I consider our success ratio pretty damn good! There are no perfect products, we try very hard and we step up to the problem. I think that speaks for itself. Funny how some people like to find whats wrong with products versus whats right? Who else is doing anything big for the 496?

Ray @ Raylar
Two?? Was that this week? Off the top of my head I count 5 in Havasu alone. 1 Ultra, 1 Kachina, 1 Conquest, 1 Magic, and 1 Advantage. First and foremost all but ONE of those guys is absolutely thrilled with the performance upgrade, but the getting towed in part kinda ruins your weekend.
Don't take me wrong...You're absolutely right, nobody else is doing anything for the 496 at all, and your success ratio is MUCH better than how 496's have done with superchargers. Plus the POWER gains you describe are spot on...I've been in a few boats with these kits and they are night and day as to how they were when stock. Facts are facts, you found a way to get a Suburban engine to run with and away from some "blue" motors... I am very aware to the extent you (raylar) stepped up to assist these guys after the nut failure, and even more assistance on a certain Ultra Cat If we are only seeing these nut failures in Havasu is this installer error??
Old 11-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Re: 25 Outlaw - 496 HO - Raylar upgrade

The rocker arm lock nut failures have only occured on a particular small batch of production on the nuts. Havasu is the only area we have had the failures, but that does not surprise me considering the quantity of Raylar kits installed on boats running there. The nut only takes 120 inch pounds (10 ft/lbs) to tighten which is very light , if a pound torque wrench is used and its out of calibration ,and most are at 10 ft/lbs. it is easy to overtighten the nuts. Overtightening definitly will cause this group of nuts to fail quickly. Our instructions are quite specific and if they are followed carefully none of our adjustment nuts should fail. When are you going to get a Raylar kit for your 496?

Ray @ Raylar
Old 11-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

The rocker arm lock nut failures have only occured on a particular small batch of production on the nuts. Havasu is the only area we have had the failures, but that does not surprise me considering the quantity of Raylar kits installed on boats running there. The nut only takes 120 inch pounds (10 ft/lbs) to tighten which is very light , if a pound torque wrench is used and its out of calibration ,and most are at 10 ft/lbs. it is easy to overtighten the nuts. Overtightening definitly will cause this group of nuts to fail quickly. Our instructions are quite specific and if they are followed carefully none of our adjustment nuts should fail. When are you going to get a Raylar kit for your 496?

Ray @ Raylar
I don't have an HO anymore...or I'd be all over it.
For now I'll stick to riding with Randy, Darrell, or Gerd
Old 11-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Ray @ Raylar
It sound like your upgrade kit is a good package,what brand rocker nuts are failing,do you have solid info on the time frame of the bad batch? The reason I ask is in first 15 hours of run time this year on the new motor I built I had several comp cam pro-magnum rocker nuts crack right below the adjuster hex and back off ,once it caused moderate damage. They were bought in march or april of 05. I tighten them by feel to around 15 foot lbs. I have used different versions of locking rocker nuts on at least 50 different motors Ive built and other than this motor I have only had a nut crack once in the past (It was a cheap imported looking harland- sharp). I ended up switching all the rocker nuts to arp's and haven't had any more breakage in 30 hours of run time,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails 25 Outlaw - 496 HO - Raylar upgrade-truck-rearend-003.jpg   25 Outlaw - 496 HO - Raylar upgrade-truck-rearend-004.jpg  

Last edited by articfriends; 12-07-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:51 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a little experience to share, and a few questions to ask.
Two quite different Bajas, a ´93 272 and an ´03 25 Outlaw but the same motor, the 496HO. Both stock, run near 67 (GPS)mph on a cool fresh late summer day. The Outlaw runs best on a mercury labbed 26" Bravo, the 272 on a 23" "Accelerator" - a labbed Mirage plus.
The 272 blows the Outlaw into the weeds on hole shot and mid range acceleration. It seams like the pad, the higher X dim. and possibly a heavier hull lay up really slow the Outlaw down. It does however seem to be more at home in the rough stuff at above 60 mph. It sits lower in the water, more attached and (partially due to good drivíng position ergonomics) allows the driver to feel confident, keep the power on, only using drive trim or tabs to settle the boat when things really start to fly.
The 272 doesn´t have tabs, at the moment. When it does (19" - 23")will it have the stability of the Outlaw?
How much gain can we expect from CMI headers, alone (Not the official bull.. but real time experience, please!) on this package?
Can anybody give me real figures from a HP525EFI in the Outlaw?
Thanks

Quick Reply: 25 Outlaw - 496 HO - Raylar upgrade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.