Dock Holiday 4 Sale

Notices

Dock Holiday 4 Sale

Old 05-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I have had communications with a guy in New York a lot that seemed very interested but it dried up and a local guy was coming to look at the boat this weekend but I just told him a few minutes ago that we were going to take the 36 off the market and just keep it. I'm not going to spend $200K + for another boat and we cannot replace what we have for the money. The wife suggested we just keep what we have and I agree so it is back to plan "A" and we will be dropping the big power in the boat in a couple of weeks and see how she runs!
The last few weeks must have been a rollercoaster!!... eating up a ton of time and mental energy talking to people, exploring options, crunching numbers and running different scenarios.

Congrats on your decision, I think it is solid and you won't have any regrets.

I'm sure a new hull would have been great, but your 36 is VERY nice, plus you've customized it to your liking, purchased a new trailer for it etc. I think those new motors are going to make it a brand new hot rod for you, and Mid-90's is very respectable for any v-hull no matter what the make.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by socalstone
The last few weeks must have been a rollercoaster!!... eating up a ton of time and mental energy talking to people, exploring options, crunching numbers and running different scenarios.
You are completely right and I wonder sometimes why I put myself through it.

Originally Posted by socalstone
Congrats on your decision, I think it is solid and you won't have any regrets.

I'm sure a new hull would have been great, but your 36 is VERY nice, plus you've customized it to your liking, purchased a new trailer for it etc. I think those new motors are going to make it a brand new hot rod for you, and Mid-90's is very respectable for any v-hull no matter what the make.
I agree and it is really exciting. I plan to start a new thread soon to show the upgrades and follow though with the new motors and the speeds.

Thank you

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 05-02-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered

Good decision. Didnt we already have this conversation at the Fox Chapel poker run last summer?
Old 05-03-2008, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

glad to hear you are keeping the Baja. The new motors will show you a whole new boat. can i have your old ones? i still wont be "King of the lake" but i will be better! isnt that what we all strive for?
Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I have had communications with a guy in New York a lot that seemed very interested but it dried up and a local guy was coming to look at the boat this weekend but I just told him a few minutes ago that we were going to take the 36 off the market and just keep it. I'm not going to spend $200K + for another boat and we cannot replace what we have for the money. The wife suggested we just keep what we have and I agree so it is back to plan "A" and we will be dropping the big power in the boat in a couple of weeks and see how she runs!

Thanks all for the comments, compliments and all the boats you pointed me toward which are all good deals.

Happy boating
Tommie is very wise, even if Grady was her attorney!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

just kidding!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Wow, three in a row. I need to go to bed. Dock, I love you guys and will see you at Hartwell. If your boat isnt ready you can drive mine and I will just drink everyting in sight!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:42 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Glad to see you keeping her Mark. Now maybe the next time you are ready to sell I will be in a position to buy the 36.