Out of business? >

Out of business?

Notices

Out of business?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Driver
Just curious- is all warranty work now being handled directly by Fountian or is there still a skeleton crew in Bucyrus?
The plant is finally closed. The skeleton crew that was doing warranty work got turned loose a little earlier than they were told. I believe Sea Ray got the lucky warranty stuff.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Hammer X went to Fountain, a second Hammer X hull went to Sea Ray and the deck plug for the Pachanga went with it for Sea Ray to make the mold.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jimmy mcfly
Hammer X went to Fountain, a second Hammer X hull went to Sea Ray and the deck plug for the Pachanga went with it for Sea Ray to make the mold.
They made two identical hull molds? What a waste. Oh well.

Inside info? What did the deck plug look like? Windshield? Curious to know as Im a 80s Pachanga fan.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

Inside info? What did the deck plug look like? Windshield? Curious to know as Im a 80s Pachanga fan.
Yep, windshield all the way. Styling cues were pulled from the 80s boats.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

I liked the the look of the new Pachange deck better than the Hammer, but alot of people at work didnt agree with me. Wish I would have gotten a picture of it, but you dont think about it when you look at something everyday.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I liked the the look of the new Pachange deck better than the Hammer, but alot of people at work didnt agree with me. Wish I would have gotten a picture of it, but you dont think about it when you look at something everyday.
Hey Im excited to talk to people that actually have info, the dealers have no info. No picture is no problem.

Im sure you are all tired of my questions about a boat Sea Ray hasnt even officially announced, but I do have a more that pop into my head from day to day.

One thing I was wondering after spending some time looking at the Hammer X, was the Pachanga designed to have a cabin door? Or will it share a under dash access to the v-birth with the Hammer?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fountain Powerboats adding 250 jobs in NC
Tuesday July 22, 10:43 am ET
Fountain Powerboats will add 250 new jobs in North Carolina county to build new boat line

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- A North Carolina motorboat maker will add 250 jobs over the next five years at its company headquarters in Beaufort County as it builds a new boat line.
Gov. Mike Easley announced Monday the $12 million expansion at Fountain Powerboats Inc., located along the Pamlico River.

Fountain will expand to begin building the Baja boat line that it purchased earlier this year from Brunswick Corp.

The overall average wage from the new jobs will be $35,800 plus benefits. That's more than the Beaufort County average of about $28,000 annually.

Easley's office said the company could receive up to $2.5 million in incentive grants should it create enough jobs and sustain them for 11 years under an agreement with the state.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
Just spent the week of the 4th near the Fountain factory. All the Baja molds are there, the 26 will be the first out the door, the 35 is in the mold now.

The crew there were Extremely nice, Wyatt paid us a visit at the cottage and hung out for a bit.

I did not get the feeling at all that Baja owners were going to get slighted in any way. In fact they were talking it up on how they were going to improve the Baja builds, lighter and more speed. No more Shells for one thing.
Dont jump to conclusions on gloom and doom just yet, give these guys a chance, trust me when I say they live and breath it every day.
If they can make a 35' w/ 525's turn over 100, then they know what their doing, and yes the proof is below, Baja molds are shown as well. The only mold I di not see was the 40, and 35, which is in use.
Attachment 350017Attachment 350018
Attachment 350019
They will need to change the bottoms if they want them to go faster, that bottom is designed specifically for a comfortable ride. They can only go so fast then they are out of control and unsafe. When the Smiths owned it the quality was so much better.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Baja is a little different. Being one of the few Vee hull platforms, and more affordable than many, you'd think that would add to the customer base. If they make 'em all the same, what's the point?

As someone that would probably never be in the double engine, stepped hull market, the Baja 278 Performance model was attractive. not many boat builders offer such a package, especially not a mainstream builder.

Maybe they will do things that work out, time will tell. The market doesn't really need another Fountain. My feeling is if that's what they want to do, it won't work.