Out of business? >

Out of business?

Notices

Out of business?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of business?

I have heard that fountain has bought the molds. Does Brunswick still own the buildings? Is the buildings for sale?

Dont look good for Baja owners as Fountain just got delisted from the stock exchange.

Its a shame, as I used to work for Baja many years ago under the Smiths. Was a great place to work back then.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raceday500
I have heard that fountain has bought the molds. Does Brunswick still own the buildings? Is the buildings for sale?

Dont look good for Baja owners as Fountain just got delisted from the stock exchange.

Its a shame, as I used to work for Baja many years ago under the Smiths. Was a great place to work back then.
Just spent the week of the 4th near the Fountain factory. All the Baja molds are there, the 26 will be the first out the door, the 35 is in the mold now.

The crew there were Extremely nice, Wyatt paid us a visit at the cottage and hung out for a bit.

I did not get the feeling at all that Baja owners were going to get slighted in any way. In fact they were talking it up on how they were going to improve the Baja builds, lighter and more speed. No more Shells for one thing.
Dont jump to conclusions on gloom and doom just yet, give these guys a chance, trust me when I say they live and breath it every day.
If they can make a 35' w/ 525's turn over 100, then they know what their doing, and yes the proof is below, Baja molds are shown as well. The only mold I di not see was the 40, and 35, which is in use.
Out of business?-0703081144.jpgOut of business?-0703081145.jpg
Out of business?-0705081700.jpg

Last edited by GoodTymn; 07-07-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the pictures and the update!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by raceday500

Definately not good news for Bucyrus, Ohio.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had my eye on a new 278 Performance. But given the status of the inventory, and Fountain in general, I had crossed them off my list.

As one of the best, and only versatile single-engined Vee Performance boats around, I'm a bit disappointed. Frankly, not that happy about Reggie and comments about changing them either.

I might add, Fountain received a notice last month, and I believe the dealine to provide a plan ends tomorrow.

Last edited by VtSteve; 07-10-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: add updates
Old 07-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Issue Date: 7/9/2008, Posted On: 7/9/2008

Fountain hopeful, despite possible stock delisting
Despite receiving a delisting notification from the American Stock Exchange, Reginald Fountain Jr. told Soundings Trade Only he is optimistic about his company’s financial strength and future prospects.

Fountain Powerboat Industries must submit a plan to Amex next week addressing how it intends to regain compliance. Until then, Fountain said he is prohibited from releasing details of the company’s plans or financial status.

However, he did say, “We will be responding to them in a very positive way. We will detail our situation, which is not nearly as bad as they seem to think it is.”

The Washington, N.C., boatbuilder received notice last month that it is not in compliance with one of Amex’s standards for the continued listing of the company’s common stock. The June 11 notice said the decision was based on Amex’s review of the company’s quarterly report for the period ended March 31.

Specifically, the notice stated Fountain “… has sustained losses which are so substantial in relation to its overall operations or its existing financial resources, or its financial condition has become so impaired that it appears questionable, in the opinion of the Exchange, whether such company will be able to continue operations and/or meet its obligations as they mature.”

Amex also noted Fountain is not in compliance with covenants contained in its $14.5 million term loan and the company has been operating under a waiver from its lender that expired June 30.

This morning, Fountain’s stock was trading at 70 cents a share. On Tuesday, it hit its 52-week low of 61 cents a share.

For its fiscal third quarter, Fountain reported a 13.7 percent drop in net sales, to $14.2 million from $16.5 million in the 2007 period. Net loss for the traditionally slow quarter was $1.96 million, compared to a net loss of $3.87 million in the fiscal 2007 third quarter.

The company’s CEO said he is unable discuss any of the issues raised in the delisting notice before submitting a plan to Amex. He also is prohibited from releasing figures for the fourth quarter and full year ended June 30 before filing official reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission. However, he did say he expects the company to report positive results for fiscal 2008.

Fountain said sales in the fourth quarter will be up compared to the year-ago comparable quarter, and will make up for the sales deficit reported in the 2008 third quarter. Overall, he said, the fiscal 2008 sales volume will be about the same as the previous year.

And, he added, “operating profit has improved dramatically this year over last year.”

Fountain also was upbeat as he discussed expectations for the Baja brand that the company recently purchased from Brunswick Corp.

“There is a lot of pent-up demand for Baja because nobody has been building them for the last six months,” said Fountain. “Dealer inventory is down. We have received hundreds of orders for Baja from all over the world.

“Baja merging with Fountain gives us hope for the coming year,” he added.

Fountain, according to its SEC filing, said it is aware that the Baja boat line was unprofitable when it was operated by Baja Marine Corp. “Therefore, the company [Fountain] will be required to make substantial operational changes to operate profitably.”

Fountain paid $4 million for the assets, which the company borrowed.

The company has already begun manufacturing a limited number of Baja boats from its North Carolina plant and in the process has made improvements in manufacturing efficiencies, said Fountain. The company has not yet made a final decision about whether it will move all of the Baja production from the Bucyrus, Ohio, plant to Fountain’s existing plant in North Carolina.

— Melanie Winters

[email protected]

I have enough faith in Reggie, the Baja brand and the dealer network to bet that he pulls this off. Baja will probably be what saves his company. I'm keeping a close eye on this and may buy some stock.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Issue Date: 7/9/2008, Posted On: 7/9/2008

The company has not yet made a final decision about whether it will move all of the Baja production from the Bucyrus, Ohio, plant to Fountain’s existing plant in North Carolina.

[/COLOR]
Attached Thumbnails Out of business?-wtf.jpg  
Old 07-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Default did they take all of the molds?

22,24,25 h2x?

Bill
Old 07-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Registered

Well we know the Hammer X mold went with Sea Ray to Florida...
Old 07-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered

Just curious- is all warranty work now being handled directly by Fountian or is there still a skeleton crew in Bucyrus?

Quick Reply: Out of business?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.