F*@king hoses! >

F*@king hoses!

Notices

F*@king hoses!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PSlonaker
Jason...why dont you change all your hoses to JIC fittings? I can get the hoses for you if you want for a price that no one can beat...unless theirs are for free, but the hoses that I use all have a minumum of 20K psi. You blow that hose up then you really have something.
Nope. Gonna make my own out of stainless tubing. I've done it for radiator hoses on my old 454SS pickups, no reason I can't do it on this boat.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dock Holiday,

Why didn't you end up putting those motors in your boat?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
You know a good dealer to work with?

One comes to mind!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
One comes to mind!!!
ONLY one comes to my mind.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
For the second time in a season I have destroyed a coolant hose. Why? Same motor. I don't run thermostats & I'm sure there are no restrictions in the coolers or block.
Do you suppose the hoses are just old like Neverenough?
Are you talking about the exhaust hose? If it's bubbling and then failing it's obviously getting hot - lack of water.

I agree with checking the fitting on the inside of the transom plate - I've done a ton of these over the last couple of years and one of the first symptoms is an exhaust hose failing and slight rise in running temp at high RPM's.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by txriverrat2001
Are you talking about the exhaust hose? If it's bubbling and then failing it's obviously getting hot - lack of water.

I agree with checking the fitting on the inside of the transom plate - I've done a ton of these over the last couple of years and one of the first symptoms is an exhaust hose failing and slight rise in running temp at high RPM's.
Nope, it is not due to a blockage & it is not exhaust hose. It is the hose that comes from the raw water pump to the powersteering cooler on the back of the engine then the hose to from the ps cooler to the fuel cooler.
I think the hoses are just old & failing. They are from 1999 or older depending on how long they set on the shelf in Stillwater.
I get plenty of water passing through the engine when I don't have a huge hole in a line.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Registered

Jason, not sure if it applies but I also had similar problems with my 1999 29' Baja Outlaw. Once every other year I would have a tear/slice in the same f'ing hose. Pisses a guy off! After much inspection as a contortionist (space is tight in those 29's), I noticed a sharp metal "L" bracket underneath the engine in the exact location of the tear in my hose. It was more prominent on the port side engine. The problem manifests itself while jumping cruiser wakes or blasting through the rough stuff. We all know you don't like to do that?! I remedied the situation by covering that sharp metal corner with some 'ol duct tape. Never had the same problem after that.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

My opinion is its spike in water pressure and those hoses are soft I use napa gold wire reinforced before the pump so thats real strong ,any small restriction will double pressure at real high speeds