F*@king hoses! >

F*@king hoses!

Notices

F*@king hoses!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F*@king hoses!

For the second time in a season I have destroyed a coolant hose. Why? Same motor. I don't run thermostats & I'm sure there are no restrictions in the coolers or block.
Do you suppose the hoses are just old like Neverenough?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which hose is it?? Make sure you have absolutely no restrictions in any of your coolers. I had some small impeller pieces in the oil cooler, and the older of the hoses tore right open at about 70 mph !!!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

You been doing real good the last couple of weeks then bingo--you start to bubble over again If you want something reliable I told you to buy those blower motors from Dock----it's a good thing you got Ben on retainer---
Come on down to Travis--we'll take my boat and we can boat all day and still get back to the dock in one piece-----
Jay
Old 09-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by never enuff
You been doing real good the last couple of weeks then bingo--you start to bubble over again If you want something reliable I told you to buy those blower motors from Dock----it's a good thing you got Ben on retainer---
Come on down to Travis--we'll take my boat and we can boat all day and still get back to the dock in one piece-----
Jay
YEAH WHAT THE OLD FART SAID!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
For the second time in a season I have destroyed a coolant hose. Why? Same motor. I don't run thermostats & I'm sure there are no restrictions in the coolers or block.
Do you suppose the hoses are just old like Neverenough?
Check your hose going threw your gimble housing.Pull the plastic 1 1/4 hose fitting off the inside on your transom housing and you might find the hose is collapsed. I have had countless boats from 1989 threw 2000 with this hose closed down to about a pencil diameter, boat will run fine on the hose at the house and temps will be fine at cruising speed but when you get into the throttles water temps climb. which will lead to steam pockets in the cylinder heads around number 7 cylinder and number 8 cylinder, once steam gets there water will not go there and next thing is droped valve seats burnt up impellers from not enough flow/ volume of water, over heating etc..
Old 09-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

You need to buy "tanker truck hose",I bought mine from a industrial hose supplier locally,its hard to work with and has a steel wire re-inforcing it but it NEVER fails,Smitty
Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered

I have the good stuff on the intake side to the fresh water pump, but it is all merc from there back & it is old.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Time to order a new boat!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Jason...why dont you change all your hoses to JIC fittings? I can get the hoses for you if you want for a price that no one can beat...unless theirs are for free, but the hoses that I use all have a minumum of 20K psi. You blow that hose up then you really have something.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Time to order a new boat!
You know a good dealer to work with?

Quick Reply: F*@king hoses!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.