How bout this project?

Notices

How bout this project?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Hey, thats my truck spending time with your boat....notice the cooler in the back ready to go.

You could probably spend more time there (IE get there faster) if you had a Ford!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a TJ 99 BLACK I was thinking of changing it over to a hemi kit, or sb ,I want to set it up to pull my 24ol, it does fine around the yard, but I need to drive a 1/2 hour to any of the ramps here. last few times out I used the wifes explorer limited v8 THAT THINK GOT BALLS. bUT THAT WAS3YRS AGO and this spring she wants a car cause of gas and Iwant to keep the jeep but she said no 3 cars the limited,jeep and hers. or buy a newr 07 used 4 door jeep to tow himmmm WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ARTIE
Old 11-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I have a TJ 99 BLACK I was thinking of changing it over to a hemi kit, or sb ,I want to set it up to pull my 24ol, it does fine around the yard, but I need to drive a 1/2 hour to any of the ramps here. last few times out I used the wifes explorer limited v8 THAT THINK GOT BALLS. bUT THAT WAS3YRS AGO and this spring she wants a car cause of gas and Iwant to keep the jeep but she said no 3 cars the limited,jeep and hers. or buy a newr 07 used 4 door jeep to tow himmmm WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ARTIE
Artie,

Be careful that short wheelbase of the Jeep towing a boat that large will get you hurt.

Dock
Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Artie,

Be careful that short wheelbase of the Jeep towing a boat that large will get you hurt.

Dock
yeah I got the explorer limited v8 right now that I used on the street. but the wife wants a new conv car this spring I think it looks like so one would have to go or come off the road she does not want three on the road. well I got months to work it out .
Old 12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
yeah I got the explorer limited v8 right now that I used on the street. but the wife wants a new conv car this spring I think it looks like so one would have to go or come off the road she does not want three on the road. well I got months to work it out .
Artie,

I have a package on the way to you UPS ground with some Baja goodies.

Enjoy and take care of yourself.

Dock
Old 12-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Well I took the wife out to dinner Tuesday night in the Jeep. That was the first time she has really riden in it except for on our property.

I got it up to 65 and she got the full experience of the straight dual exhaust out of the hopped up 304 and the music from the 37 inch tires!

At just 5'4" I have to push her up in it and help her out but I think she likes it.

I got a chance this afternoon to spend a little more time with it and I took both door panels off and changed the lock cylinders out with new ones that work and lubricated all the entire door lock assembly. Then I installed new window cranks and arm rest on each of the doors. Then it was to the tail gate where I changed out the lock cylinder to match the front doors.

Then I pulled off the old front seat belt assemblies that were a pain in the butt and replaced both of them with complete new assemblies.

The kid that owned the Jeep put this really cheap window film on all the windows. I pulled it off the front doors and the back hatch glass. It was easy to remove the film but it took a full hour with a rag and acetone to get the glue off the glass. The windows look like new now and you can actually see out of it.

There are few mechanical issues to address including getting the windshield wipers working properly, fixing the park brake and replacing a gasket on the inspection plate of the Dana 300 transfer case which has a very small leak.

I took it for a little cruise before dinner tonight behind the house and tried out the low range again and that bad boy has some major torque and climbed a steep bank and then came back down it like nothing.

I really want to keep this one but if something good does not happen with this economy soon she may be on the market.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 12-08-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Well the wife will probably kill me but I think I have traded the Jeep for a Suburban!

I drove it in today and it is awesome!

This baby is bad to the bone!

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails How bout this project?-cummins-suburban-001.jpg   How bout this project?-cummins-suburban-003.jpg   How bout this project?-cummins-suburban-005.jpg  

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 12-29-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Yeah it's just a Suburban but here's what really makes it cool.
Attached Thumbnails How bout this project?-cummins-suburban-008.jpg   How bout this project?-cummins-suburban-014.jpg   How bout this project?-cummins-suburban-013.jpg  

Old 12-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 130 Likes on 52 Posts

Dude that is really sweet!

MR BAJA!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Yeah it's just a Suburban but here's what really makes it cool.
That is freaking awesome!!!

Quick Reply: How bout this project?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.