Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't see that every day.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome it is.

I cannot tell you how simple this is, not over the top at all and it drives out as nice as my 07 pickup.

First gear is stupid low and reminded you of low range. I started off in second all day low and it felt like first in most other vehicles.

The sound of this baby sucking air is awesome. In fourth gear at 50 MPH it will put you back in the seat and pull like a son of a gun.

It's been a while since I have driven something this cool.

The guy that owns it worked at one of the premier 4 x 4 shops in our area for several years. Actually I did not know until yesterday that he was no longer there. He is asking $10K and I offered my Jeep and $2K cash but it looks like a no go. One of my employees offered him $8K cash and I think it may be his right now. The guys wife is expecting and he wants the cash more than the Jeep which I understand. I have the cash from my 500's but I would be in divorce court!

At 80 MPH on the interstate you can take your hand off the wheel and it tracks perfectly straight. The guy built it to tow a 10K trailer and he says it does a great job of it.

The batteries were dead in my camera and I borrowed for those pictures. I'll try and get some more tomorrow.

I finally found something a Cummins engine is good for!

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 12-29-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:00 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Mark, if he does not sell it, let me know. I may know a buyer.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Cummins' speak for themselves!
Jay
Old 12-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by never enuff
Cummins' speak for themselves!
Jay
I knew you would like that one Jay!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Man this beautiful weather is killing me. Everything is finally underway at home with my new shop and I had to get back to the office because we have three employees off this week on vacation.

A few of the guys had not seen my Jeep so I drove it today and they are real off road freaks. I let two of them take it for a drive and they came back with smiles on their faces. We have a steep area where it transitions from a drive in door down to our loading dock and we tested the ground clearence and she passed with flying colors. Actually the Jeep makes turns the area you don't want to even walk down into a flat piece of ground. Yeah that's how it's supposed to be.

I hope someone is out enjoying the sunshine today!
Attached Thumbnails How bout this project?-dec-30-2008-005.jpg   How bout this project?-dec-30-2008-004.jpg   How bout this project?-dec-30-2008-008.jpg  

Old 12-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

A few more

December 30, 2008 = 63 degrees and SUNNY!
Attached Thumbnails How bout this project?-dec-30-2008-003.jpg   How bout this project?-dec-30-2008-006.jpg   How bout this project?-dec-30-2008-010.jpg  

Old 12-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It is nice out. I had to take the boat out for a little spin just to get my fix.
It's cold moving on the water, but gorgeous sitting still.
Just got back.

Love that jeep Dock.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by socalstone
It is nice out. I had to take the boat out for a little spin just to get my fix.
It's cold moving on the water, but gorgeous sitting still.
Just got back.
You are my hero Mike!

I knew someone would be out. I have a lot of young folks with families that like to be off for the holidays and we have decided to allow them that luxury which requires us to be in the office. I used to be at Myrtle Beach every new years from 1989 to 1999 and then it just got too hard to get away. But that's all good except when the weather is so pretty. Did you see any one else out? We will be leading a group on Harley's Thursday to Lake Norman Marine to watch the polar bear club barefoot water ski for new years day and it looks like mid 40's.

Originally Posted by socalstone
Love that jeep Dock.
Thanks!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Okay Matt, Adam and you other off road boyz.

I really feel like taking the Jeep to the next level. The 304 is nice but I have always wanted a 350 V8 in a Jeep and I want an automatic tranny.

Help me design a new drive train around what I have. I'll keep the axles and 4.56 gears but the engine, tranny and transfer case will go.

Take a look at the following pictures of a couple of Jeeps I saw down in Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know what kind of shift control these are and where you get them?

I'm thinking 350 V8 350HP
Automatic Tranny - Which one?
Transfer Case - Which one?

Matt I know you have all the answers.
Attached Thumbnails How bout this project?-november-2008-886.jpg   How bout this project?-november-2008-898.jpg   How bout this project?-november-2008-884.jpg  

Quick Reply: How bout this project?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.