procharger

Notices

procharger

Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by articfriends
I'm not faulting you its just you don't want a mechanic to LEARN on your boat at your exspense. I bought a m-3sc Procharger brand new for my 2000 272 Baja 10 years ago, I have learned it IS true that Procharger tech support is completely USELESS. You could call there 3 times, ask the same question to 3 different guys and every answer would be different and probably NONE of them would be correct. The blower itself is a nice piece, the supporting equipment is not.
Install O2 sensor bungs on your exhaust, have a 02 meter on it and drive it around and watch your afr's, if waay off then have ecu re-tuned or turn fuel pressure up/down as needed IF its rich or lean acrossed the board (never is though), and you will have a safe, decent set-up. Have someone read the plugs after a wot run and see how they look too if concerned, Smitty
I know, i am doing the best i can with limited resources in my area. The new marina has a mechanic that has installed them and someone hooked me up with eddy young the race shop in tenn. i spoke with him and he said he would help my mechanic on the phone. Worse case is that i will have to truck the boat down to tenn to have eddy young do a once over the procharger set up. The boat ran fine all last summer and it ideled like a normal v6. But for piece of mind, i want everything checked. I did not have it installed so i want to make sure it is correct. I will try to contact the original owner and find the guy who hooked it up, but the odds are he won't remember what he did. I do appreciate and my boat appreciate all the free advice you guys give me to make me well informed on the system

thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
No, but you should have a better than stock fuel system & you should NOT have the pro charger vacuum-referenced fuel pressure booster control for the fuel pump unless you would like to make your pistons into melted aluminum scrap.
You need a large fuel pump, ie: Aeromotive 1000 or equivelant and a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator.
Procharger supplies a goofy regulator that increases fuel pressure via the fuel pump based on vacuum and voltage to the fuel pump. This is a proven-to-fail system! The correct way is what I have listed with equivelant parts (SK or Aeromotive)
Got a Aeromotive Marine 11108 is the correct regulator 13114?http://www.ebay.com/itm/360594875466...84.m1438.l2649

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FrankRizzo
Got a Aeromotive Marine 11108 is the correct regulator 13114?http://www.ebay.com/itm/360594875466...84.m1438.l2649

Thanks!
i have a factorie one on and a holly one too, i am running to fuel pumps at the sme time

thank you, i will have my mechanic put one on