procharger >

procharger

Notices

procharger

Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procharger

Do you need 2 fuel pumps when you add a procharger?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, but you should have a better than stock fuel system & you should NOT have the pro charger vacuum-referenced fuel pressure booster control for the fuel pump unless you would like to make your pistons into melted aluminum scrap.
You need a large fuel pump, ie: Aeromotive 1000 or equivelant and a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator.
Procharger supplies a goofy regulator that increases fuel pressure via the fuel pump based on vacuum and voltage to the fuel pump. This is a proven-to-fail system! The correct way is what I have listed with equivelant parts (SK or Aeromotive)
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Default fuel pump

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
No, but you should have a better than stock fuel system & you should NOT have the pro charger vacuum-referenced fuel pressure booster control for the fuel pump unless you would like to make your pistons into melted aluminum scrap.
You need a large fuel pump, ie: Aeromotive 1000 or equivelant and a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator.
Procharger supplies a goofy regulator that increases fuel pressure via the fuel pump based on vacuum and voltage to the fuel pump. This is a proven-to-fail system! The correct way is what I have listed with equivelant parts (SK or Aeromotive)
I have the factory on the engine i think, and the owner put a holly fuel pump on it also, not sure on the set up, but my mechanic is going to contact procharger and check into it
Old 04-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered

i am just double checking the work the original owner did and make sure it is correct. so i don't have any surprises, that is alll, i am not a motor guy, just a guy with a little bit of brains to makes sure things are done right
Old 04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your mechanic would have better luck contacting a vo-tech school for information rather than procharger. They don't even know their project.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered

Your mechanic would have better luck contacting a vo-tech school for information rather than procharger. They don't even know their project.
You should not listen to procharger unless you want to build a new motor after you melt it down. Procharger done right will last many many years. Done wrong and well? Your mechanic may say you should listen to procharger because he then will be able to build you a new motor shortly.

Do as Jason says. It will be way cheaper to do it right now instead of later.

Back around the late 70's I called Gale Banks about installing their turbocharger system. They told me that the only people that bad mouth turbos were ones that did not set them up correctly. They then gave me a run down on all the things to do correctly. Main one was fuel system done right.

We need some more information.
Size of motor
compression ratio
type of heads, steel or aluminum.
Size of procharger M1-M5
How much boost are you running
carb or efi,
size of intercooler.

Has the anti syphon valve been removed?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered

Just notice your post is in the Baja section. If question is not boat related (such as this one) you should post your questions in the technical sectoins. You will get a lot more responses. If Jason would have not seen your post and given you the right informaton you may have been building you a new motor and wondering why it melted down.

The only reason I found this thread was because I had done a new post search.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Call this guy Jason at Kunkels Marine I have had 3 boats with Prochargers and he has done hall of them for me with no problems 419 529 4446.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Registered

Default info

Originally Posted by Turbojack
You should not listen to procharger unless you want to build a new motor after you melt it down. Procharger done right will last many many years. Done wrong and well? Your mechanic may say you should listen to procharger because he then will be able to build you a new motor shortly.

Do as Jason says. It will be way cheaper to do it right now instead of later.

Back around the late 70's I called Gale Banks about installing their turbocharger system. They told me that the only people that bad mouth turbos were ones that did not set them up correctly. They then gave me a run down on all the things to do correctly. Main one was fuel system done right.

We need some more information.
Size of motor
compression ratio
type of heads, steel or aluminum.
Size of procharger M1-M5
How much boost are you running
carb or efi,
size of intercooler.

Has the anti syphon valve been removed?
2009 502 mag
compression ratio not sure
heads don't know
m1 procharger
i think 5 or 6 pounds of boost
carburated
size of intercooler not sure
anti syphon hose no idea

i have the boat at the marina now having full hydraulic steering installed. i am sending my mechanice the info you guys gave me. The guy i bought the boat from only knew how to put gas in it. The original owner did all the work. I am trying to get educated as quick as possible so i don't damage the engine.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
The guy i bought the boat from only knew how to put gas in it.
How is this different from the new owner?? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.