Old 08-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Sweet Looking Ride!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HUGE UPDATE!

Before I go farther I have to give my dad a huge shout out. He is a firefighter, works every third day and took the whole month of August off with his comp time. Every day for about 6 hours he has worked on the boat, I couldn't be this far along without his help. He wants it in the water as bad as I do!

Sorry for the long time wait, work has been busy and so has working on the boat! So I last left you with installing the stringers just before bedding.

Since then I have bed the stringers into the hull then fiberglassed it all in. Used 1708 glass with poly resin. Layup I used was tabs to join stinger to hull, 2 layers. The first layer went 6 inches up and out and the second one went 8 inches up and out. Then layed a partial cap then one full cap over everything. Thing is solid as a rock!!! Used about 30 yards of cloth and 15 gallons of resin. Glassdave gave me some pointers along the way, picked up the materials from him. Once again, huge props to him, one awesome dude!

After stingers were glassed i painted the floors and bilge. I read around a lot and chose to go the rusteloum enamel with hardner route. Bright white. Let me say I am impressed with the look and strength. Still have to put a couple more coats in the bilge area, but the floors are done.

Already taking my shoes off when I get in the boat! Lol

Installed gas tank, drilled all drain holes and loaded them up with resin to waterproof.

Up next is getting the floors screwed down and glassed in on the sides. Then plan on doing the lamination of hull to deck, 3 layers staggered of 1708. Hoping to have it done by the weekend.

Also pretty much have the motor all gone through and inspected. New sea water pump, one new engine oil and power steering cooler. I purchased a carb off a guy in Craigslist that was new. A edelbrock 1411 750 cfm marine carb with electric choke. It had a 1410 auto carb on it for some reason. New fluids and plug wires are in order for next week. Starter and alternator getting tested now.

Purchased some gaffrig offshore controls.

Replaced bearings and seals in the red tag Borg Warner tranny as well.

This is all the updates and pics for now, hope to be facing the new windscreen here mid next week as well as staring to re rig everything up!

Any questions or comments let me know!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I have a spare red tag here if you wanna purchase later let me know, I have greens so it's for sale...
Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Oh yea, great job! looks nice with all new paint!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Registered

Sweet!!! I beleive the Edelbrock 1410 is the marine version carb Thats what I have on my engines..
Old 08-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fleg1
Sweet!!! I beleive the Edelbrock 1410 is the marine version carb Thats what I have on my engines..
Never mind I had the 1411 and bought a 1410, lol
Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Registered

Got the floors installed tonight and most of the wiring pulled out. Hoping to finish the bilge painting and storage compartments tomorrow with the final 2 coats then start rerigging!

Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking Good!

I want to be the first to make a donation to the build. I have two original style 5" Baja "Sun" logos that were made by the same supplier for Baja Marine. They should look great on the finished boat.

XT
Attached Thumbnails 1985 Baja Force Build Thread - Loaded with pics and looking for advice-sun_logo.jpg   1985 Baja Force Build Thread - Loaded with pics and looking for advice-sun_logo_4in.jpg  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Looking Good!

I want to be the first to make a donation to the build. I have two original style 5" Baja "Sun" logos that were made by the same supplier for Baja Marine. They should look great on the finished boat.

XT
Especially with a orange, red, and yellow paint job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.