Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
1st boat looking at h2x vs 22 scarab, need advice >

1st boat looking at h2x vs 22 scarab, need advice

Notices

1st boat looking at h2x vs 22 scarab, need advice

Old 10-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I used to have a 22 Scarab with a 502MPI. It was a blast to drive and I loved that boat. It was fast agile and handled up to 2 foot chop pretty well. That being said, the H2X is a longer boat which is a good thing. The Scarab didn't have any room in the back seat and sit kind of low with the big block in it. I would like to have one with a small block that puts out 450-500 hp in it. That would be fast ,agile, well balanced, and a blast to drive. It all depends on what kind of water you plan on running on. Both would work well on small lakes and river running. Never rode in an H2X but beat several of them and the Baja Hammers. I think the Scarab is a better looking boat, and faster with equal power. But I would go with the H2X just because its longer.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 2000 H2X since new, love it! Went from the stock 385HP 454 mpi mag to a 583CID carb motor 2 years ago. You will enjoy it.
My friend keeps his 22 Scarab at my dock and I'm in it alot, and driven in it alot. Both him and myself would say go with the Baja.