Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja experts get in here.  24 ol questions. >

Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

Notices

Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stlliberator
I have dibs?
my phone wont quote... yes, when parting the boat out you will have dibbs on a windscreen before anyone else.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dibbs

urban dictionary defines Dibbs:

dibbs
when called "dibbs" it is usually refered to a car seat shotgun] or anything else in witch you might want. After calling "dibbs" on something you take possetion, or use it for that one time that you have called "dibbs".
Example: you and a friend/sibling are eating pizza and there is one slice left so you yell "dibbs on last slice" this would give you possetion of the last slice.:lol hit:
Old 11-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
my phone wont quote... yes, when parting the boat out you will have dibbs on a windscreen before anyone else.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dibbs

urban dictionary defines Dibbs:

dibbs
when called "dibbs" it is usually refered to a car seat shotgun] or anything else in witch you might want. After calling "dibbs" on something you take possetion, or use it for that one time that you have called "dibbs".
Example: you and a friend/sibling are eating pizza and there is one slice left so you yell "dibbs on last slice" this would give you possetion of the last slice.:lol hit:
Ok cool..sent you another pm..
Old 11-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Any word?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
I wouldn't try swapping top caps over, that would be a huge hassle. Not for cup holders and a different bow rail anyhow. Those are easy enough to do on your existing boat.
+1

I might be interested in the gauges if they are not faded. Maybe the pop-up cleats.

Post photos of the damage.

XT
Old 11-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered

I went and looked at it today. The interior is just ok. The sundeck was frozen to the rear seat and i couldn't even see if there was an engine in the boat. it had a bravo drive and was on a trailer. he said he misplaced the bill of sale for it/title. the bottom of it is de-laminated there was a point of impact then someone stripped off the outer resin and gel. from about 3 feet back of the bow on the port side is all bare wood. to properly fix it i would guess it would need to go back in the mold. the unit was equipped with gaffrig gauges and all the red anodized (i think) pieces were peeling. so here I am on a 19 degree day cant hear it run cant title the trailer without a hassle or calling it "homemade" we couldn't come to an agreement. i called him back and said i would give him cash down and a written agreement. i would then take the unit back to my dealer and see if it runs. if it does and the engine checks out then I will give him what he wants.

The interior was not worth it to me for that price. I could just sent it to XT and have all new.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Registered

Man, I think it sounds like its way more hassle then its worth, for all those issues I bet the sank, or at least got a lot of water in it. I bet more then likely the motor was not winterized already, and has froze and wont be good. How long has it been sitting damaged? I mean I would really like that windscreen, but I wouldn't want to see you get screwed just so I could get something out of it.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Custom Interiors & More

The molds were buried in the local landfill over 10 years ago so that is never going to happen. Sounds like the best answer is to part that boat out.

TEAMBAJA on OSO is my brother and he just purchased a 1992 24 Outlaw and we were going to just redo the interior like it was originally designed, but the more I think about it I like the idea of redesigning the rear bench seating and upgrading the bolsters to the 96' style. No headrests but get rid of the three section backrest and rear seat. Watch for photos to be posted soon.

XT
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stlliberator
Man, I think it sounds like its way more hassle then its worth, for all those issues I bet the sank, or at least got a lot of water in it. I bet more then likely the motor was not winterized already, and has froze and wont be good. How long has it been sitting damaged? I mean I would really like that windscreen, but I wouldn't want to see you get screwed just so I could get something out of it.
It was really strange. We pulled up and at first glance the thing looked fine. Then look underneath and BAM! Anyways, he called me back. Said he had a guy going to give him his asking price of $3k for the boat if he can show it runs and the drive works. I asked him to forward my contact info to him for the hull and trailer. All I really want is the seats and such. and i could part out the remainder. I forgot to provide a link to the ad. the pictures suck and all the red painted stuff is peeling including the bolster frames. that picture was taken a long time ago. since then the gel has gotten heavily chalked/oxidized. He is going to let me know Tuesday if he made a deal with the other guy. if not we agreed on a price for it if it runs and i can sell the engine complete. I'll keep you guys posted.

http://peoria.craigslist.org/boa/4196311826.html
Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Registered

It was really strange. We pulled up and at first glance the thing looked fine. Then look underneath and BAM! Anyways, he called me back. Said he had a guy going to give him his asking price of $3k for the boat if he can show it runs and the drive works. I asked him to forward my contact info to him for the hull and trailer. All I really want is the seats and such. and i could part out the remainder. I forgot to provide a link to the ad. the pictures suck and all the red painted stuff is peeling including the bolster frames. that picture was taken a long time ago. since then the gel has gotten heavily chalked/oxidized. He is going to let me know Tuesday if he made a deal with the other guy. if not we agreed on a price for it if it runs and i can sell the engine complete. I'll keep you guys posted.

Well let me know if you end up with the boat..I still wanna have dibbs on the windscreen if we can agree on a price..
Old 11-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Custom Interiors & More

3k is cheaper than I can build a new interior!

The aluminum windscreens cost Baja $1000.00 each even in the early 90's and that was the main reason newer models like the 25 Outlaw were molded into the fiberglass deck.

The outside corner of the 240 Sport fiberglass dash will need to be cut down to fit the windscreen on that boat.

I sold a used 24 windscreen back in 2006 for $600 or $800.00 from what I can remember while still working for Baja.

XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.