Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja experts get in here.  24 ol questions. >

Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

Notices

Baja experts get in here. 24 ol questions.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regardless, it is used. i have seen your work XT and if i put $3k in a boat that i ONLY get the used interior out of... I could have taken a meaty chunk of the bill to have you re-upholster mine. I hardly think i would have a deal. The remainder is only worth what someone would pay. And its a little easy for you to say. You built these things. What if i mess up the screen taking it off? As a technician i could remove the engine, drive, transom assy properly and useable for anyone else that was interested. factor in freight and all and it makes all those things now located in Bettendorf Iowa worth a little less. Even if i knew the screen was worth that I dont think i would have went for it not running/not knowing for sure there is an engine in it. So i get a 1998 interior, outdrive, transom assy and windscreen? And all out of my pocket unit I sell it? I didnt see the bargain there. He gets it running i already have a boat for it to go in. now i know a fair price for a windscreen i feel more comfortable. but i wont cry if it goes elsewhere. I guess you just had to be there. It was all quite underwhelming.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Registered

If it was in Ohio I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Was the trailer halfway decent?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Registered

Yeah it doesn't seem priced too bad, but would have to see more recent pictures if there is a difference between the ad and the actual boat.

Trailer - should be worth $1500 easy
Windscreen - at least $500
Drive/Transom Assembly - $1000 or so
Engine - $500

Then you still have the interior and various other parts.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Yeah it doesn't seem priced too bad, but would have to see more recent pictures if there is a difference between the ad and the actual boat.

Trailer - should be worth $1500 easy
Windscreen - at least $500
Drive/Transom Assembly - $1000 or so
Engine - $500

Then you still have the interior and various other parts.

Alright, you twisted my arm lol. He found the titles. He has it in a shop and thawed out. It is missing a thunderbolt ign module. I have one. I am going saturday am and going to hear it run and verify its ok. and then buy it. barring any complications.

guess i was being cheap. But look at it from my angle. you came to a boat with no titles or proof he owns it and you cant even see if there is an engine in it. would you fork over 3K????
Old 11-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered

What would you guys say a 95 24 outlaw with a 450 hour, peanut port head 454 and a wet engine stringer is worth on a trailer?
Old 11-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
guess i was being cheap. But look at it from my angle. you came to a boat with no titles or proof he owns it and you cant even see if there is an engine in it. would you fork over 3K????
Nope, wouldn't go through the hassle if the titles were lost. The boat you don't really need it since it's going to get cut up anyhow, but you would definitely want the one for the trailer if your state requires it.

Last edited by c_deezy; 11-27-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
If it was in Ohio I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Was the trailer halfway decent?
the trailer is perfect. I'll be snagging that. Mine has all new bunks and carpet 1 season back. rolled on oil base white.Has electric brakes. With a clean and clear iowa title as an eagle trailer. It is for sale if i get the other. I can post pics. I will be swapping tires with it though. Mine are new.

My trailer has new lamps. ALL new wiring and is hooked to a 7 pin connector. but she is getting old. I trust her. But if i can upgrade i will. I run 70+MPH to the ozarks every year. And in town she is a trailer queen. So I use my trailer often. Plus mine has an odd mount in the front. it works but it is above and below the loop. guess you would just have to see it.

Last edited by Fixxxer22; 11-27-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Nope, wouldn't go through the hassle if the titles were lost. The boat you don't really need it since it's going to get cut up anyhow, but you would definitely want the one for the trailer if your state requires it.
I just cut up a 88' Sunrunner 318 Classic and I have the title. What is protocal to report that the boat was distroyed? A dishonest person could go barrow money agaist a title like that. Do you call the state and tell them the registration number is no longer being used?

XT
Old 11-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
Alright, you twisted my arm lol. He found the titles. He has it in a shop and thawed out. It is missing a thunderbolt ign module. I have one. I am going saturday am and going to hear it run and verify its ok. and then buy it. barring any complications.

It is rolling the dice....but I like your odds of winning! Save everything that is special built for a 24 Outlaw. even the motorlid fiberglass tray is worth keeping. Cabin sliding door, trim pump, power lift, split shifter, dash panel and gauges are all $200 dollar items. Keep a bunch of the smaller dumb stuff like blower motors, breakers, bilge pumps and things like that as free spares for your boat. Boats like that sitting in a barn with a delam bottom need to be cut-up for parts that give life to other boats. Baja organ donor...lol
Old 11-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Hey man, just got to listening to your voice mail. You might be running into more hassle then its worth on this boat. If you say the boat is falling apart, meaning not just the delamination. I would be worried that the motor was not winterized at last time of pulling it out of the water. The motor might fire and run, but I have a feeling that once it gets warmed up, cracks are going to open up..anyway its up to you on what you want to do..you still haven't even given me a figure on what you would want for the windscreen, I need a figure to even go off of. How is the windscreen held on to the boat anyway>?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.