Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
05' baja outlaw 25 seized by police today! They are suspicious my vin on the transom >

05' baja outlaw 25 seized by police today! They are suspicious my vin on the transom

Notices

05' baja outlaw 25 seized by police today! They are suspicious my vin on the transom

Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetskidrewski
You can also call SeaRay customer service and they can verify your boat. It will be a piece of paper that lists the HIN and original options for the boat. It might be helpful...Ill send you a PM with details.
just sent them an email. thanks
Old 06-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will send you a PM with what a Baja HIN # looks like. What about your copy of the vessel registration that is issued by Transport Canada/Services Canada it should show the HIN # on it along with the Registration #. In some cases it will also show the date of issue, so ifg you purchased the boat new it should have a 2005 issue date possibly.

For you American responders our Canadian boat registration process is a joke here in Canada. It is only a registraion that is done when the boat is new and assigned a registration # by the government and then the only time it changes is when the boat is sold to a new owner,(NO yearly renewal sticker or fee) and if any future owner does not transfer the document in to thier name and the paper work gets lost it is a nightmare to get replacement documents as only the owner listed in the government files can request a duplicate. Some times a little difficult if no one knows the prior owner(s).
Old 06-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr Wagner at Baja boats ,customer service saw the picture of my HIN , and agreed all was ok and correct . I sent his email to the police.i even got them the mso and all documents since new. The ball is in their court to move Frwd and return me my boat ! Keep you all posted
Old 06-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm sorry for your troubles. there is nothing worse than being at the mercy of someone so proud of their badge and you have to prove your innocence. it's too bad you couldn't sue them for their f ups, it's just a lose lose situation when it comes to a screwed up judicial system. i had an idiot water nazi in the thousand islands try to tell me he was going to impound my boat because it tag was on the port side and wasn't stamped. it was a brass tag because it was a race boat. you couldn't even try to reason with him or explain why it was that was, i was fortunate enough to have my boat being loaded onto my trailer as he was giving me sh%t and i told him to have a nice day lol. he said he would be in touch with the da in my home town, never heard another word. sometimes you need to stand your ground and make them work for it and prove their side. if you give in, it only makes it harder and more expensive on your side. whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty ? good luck and stay on them so you don't loose your whole summer
Old 06-30-2014, 10:11 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Unbelievable ! What led to these events ?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chevalcabre
well, yes i agree, the fountain's are the worst. it seems like the HIN are done by hand !

the baja outlaw has a frame then the #'s inside the frame. he argued they were supposed to be all smooth !no frame. what does he know !
in any case, i will send all m.s.o documents and paperwork over to that dept and wait !
if i could supply other HIN pictures of the same style baja, that would probably make them see this is the way the HIN are on all bajas.
can anyone post a picture ?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525502[/ATTACH]

My hin is outlined in black - no metal frame !
Attached Thumbnails 05' baja outlaw 25 seized by police today! They are suspicious my vin on the transom-image.jpg  
Old 07-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Rick, 2005 vs Prince & Party Like It's 1999
Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would sue the hell out of those *******s....unless you were an ******* Then I would wait.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates?