33' Outlaw x-dimension >

33' Outlaw x-dimension

Notices

33' Outlaw x-dimension

Old 11-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Hook'em
Ignition control module would be worth a check.
how do I check that?? What does it actually do? Never really dealt with one...
Old 11-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,
I will try it next season. Do you think that the 1.36 ratio and 2"short lowers could be too short, before any modification it was doing 74 on 1"short imco lowers,1.50 ratio, and 502 motors. You right i took weight off the back replacing the heads but i think i put more weight back on by putting: superchargers, 4 optimas, and imco scx' versus bravos. I add two more bolster seats, so now it has 4 bolsters and a bench. The prop slip is about 25%, the motors should be turning 6000rpm, but my mechanic told me that it will get the rpm's if it will get the bow of the water. I also tried 30 4 blade lab finished props, but I had similar numbers. What you think
Old 11-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nomercy33
Thanks,
I will try it next season. Do you think that the 1.36 ratio and 2"short lowers could be too short, before any modification it was doing 74 on 1"short imco lowers,1.50 ratio, and 502 motors. You right i took weight off the back replacing the heads but i think i put more weight back on by putting: superchargers, 4 optimas, and imco scx' versus bravos. I add two more bolster seats, so now it has 4 bolsters and a bench. The prop slip is about 25%, the motors should be turning 6000rpm, but my mechanic told me that it will get the rpm's if it will get the bow of the water. I also tried 30 4 blade lab finished props, but I had similar numbers. What you think
your slip seems high.. Who labbed your props? or at least the 30s you tried. I have always had good slip numbers from stock 25p m+, 23p m+ and stock and labbed 24p B1s. btw 9 and 11% slip.
Have you tried putting spacers to bring back down. If you have SC 502s, you should be running 74 with our stock lower X.

What did you do first? SCs, lowers? couple guys on here should be able to comment on that hp range and mph.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Thanks,

If it was running 74 with stock 502's, it was set up pretty good.

The extra inch might not be helping matters, but the " not so svelt" SCX lower might be
trying to climb up out of the water.....do a search on SCX speed losses

Do you still have your 1" shorter lowers ?

Last edited by JaayTeee; 11-29-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Registered

I sold the SC lowers, so i can only go with the spacers. Today i did remeasured the center of the prop and is exactly 5" also i checked the hull and the last 10 feet its straight as arrow , so it was blueprinted before or came straight from the factory. JT I was thinking of going with 5 blade props like yours, but i don't have the extension boxes. Also I noticed that Imco is selling blueprinted lowers now for extra 1,000 so definitely has something be with it. Who is Wilson, how can I contact with him, you mentioned he blueprints the lowers, also I think Bblades does it too. Also my 4 blade props 32 where labed by Bblade twice, there is really lot of cup, unfortunately its not working in that setup.
Thanks for replays
Old 11-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

unfortunately its not working in that setup.
Define "Not Working".

This is why I dont think you can go high at all without boxes. You wont carry the bow. The 5 blades will work great at cruise...
Good luck at top speed WOT - this is where crazy stuff starts to happen like breaking the down shaft in the lower.

Is your cuddy optioned out with TV or fridge or other "stuff"? This is where it all starts to hurt speed.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Start with adding extension boxes and STOCK bravo 4 blades (fwiw my boat ran great with a standard labbed 30 by mercury racing, NO added cup....)

Then have Wilson Custom Marine http://wilsoncustommarine.com/ blueprint your lowers OR purchase the newer version of the Imco SCX 1300 lower (and have it blueprinted) IF yours are the older blunt nose version

I'm not thinking clearly today so hopefully JT or CrayolaCrazy can chime in and help...... but as you move the drives back you can move them up at the same time since the water leaving the back of the boat angles upward back towards the surface. SOO...maybe try some -2 up extension boxes and maximus 5 blade props.

dialing a boat in is the hardest part, but you have a sweet boat, with a TON of power, that would be one badazz ride if you could dial her into running consistently over 100mph!

Post some pics of the boat, drives, engines, etc!

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 11-30-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
Yep, shes running good.

ok for the comparison.. basically same power vs my 454 mags and you have raised X

I hit 63 usually with most loads.. lighter, 64 and 65 with just me 1/2 fuel and 80 degrees low humidity.
The humidity over here really kills my power for some reason.

Ran 64 in orange beach with 6 adults also.

moral is it seems the raised x is good for several mph or more considering you have condo package!

oh.. I was only able to hit 62ish with 7 adults, 2 54qt coolers, 1 soft cooler and bags in cuddy for womens accessoreis towels etc. Weird thing was she would pull strong till abour 4500 rpms running 60 easily then when I put her in the corner, she didnt gain anything with all the weight.

note: I do have something going on as i felt a lil bit of miss, not enough to lower rpms but enough that I could feel some hesitation around 4k rpms or so.. Thinking I need to check/replace wires and plugs?? injectors were just flow tested 50 hours ago when they put new long blocks in.. Anything else cause that?? initially thought it was passenger moving cockpit causing it.

THanks man, maybe one day we will ge to meet up down south!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
Yep, shes running good.

ok for the comparison.. basically same power vs my 454 mags and you have raised X

I hit 63 usually with most loads.. lighter, 64 and 65 with just me 1/2 fuel and 80 degrees low humidity.
The humidity over here really kills my power for some reason.

Ran 64 in orange beach with 6 adults also.

moral is it seems the raised x is good for several mph or more considering you have condo package!

oh.. I was only able to hit 62ish with 7 adults, 2 54qt coolers, 1 soft cooler and bags in cuddy for womens accessoreis towels etc. Weird thing was she would pull strong till abour 4500 rpms running 60 easily then when I put her in the corner, she didnt gain anything with all the weight.

note: I do have something going on as i felt a lil bit of miss, not enough to lower rpms but enough that I could feel some hesitation around 4k rpms or so.. Thinking I need to check/replace wires and plugs?? injectors were just flow tested 50 hours ago when they put new long blocks in.. Anything else cause that?? initially thought it was passenger moving cockpit causing it.
UPDATE to my issue.. I found the problems this year after it got worse after this same PR. Ended up being vacuum issues going to the FPRs. Runs strong to 5k now.