Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter >

Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter

Notices

Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter

Old 02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nopostduece
not sure but must be Learning Difficulties and Disabilities, you would think i would learn.
This will explain LDD
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...duck-dong.html

And please tell how much the storage bill owed was. Here is a pic of the boat larslindroth posted a good while back. It looks like its sitting outside to me.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
This will explain LDD
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...duck-dong.html

And please tell how much the storage bill owed was. Here is a pic of the boat larslindroth posted a good while back. It looks like its sitting outside to me.

Wow just read the majority of that post. I saw that LS on ebay too. What a dooooosh!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you get your $$ back.. That whole ordeal was nutz & outta line..

My wife & I wont usually buy a larger ticket item without going to look at it first.. Too many liars & cheats.. I found it better to leave a small deposit to hold it & then go look.. It is better to loose a little than a lot..

Actually we almost had a similar experience this past fall.. My wife & I were looking for another hummer H2 & saw some listed. I called the guy who was selling it in the Hampton NY area. The pics looked really good, reasonable mileage, said he had records, said pics were current, blah, blah blah.. I had to go out there for biz anyway, so I said hold it & I will be out to look & buy if it was legit..

WELL..

I got there & it was in the woods, not the nice lot in the pics. It also was beat up, had ants in it, no records, smelled bad in it, the tires & service that he claimed were not done, it was missing lug nuts and the interior was trashed!..

I told him no thanks & then he said "what you aint gonna buy it because of a few ants?? "!!!!!

I told him F off & rip someone else.. Then he asked me if maybe I would be interested in another H2 that he had on another lot for more $$... WTF, I said are you kidding me?? ! .. Some people you just cant deal with or trust..

Jamie

Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by areyouliving
Wow just read the majority of that post. I saw that LS on ebay too. What a dooooosh!
HOLY ****!!!!!!!!

its a pic of the airplane hanger it was stored in for 15 years in AZ.(he said it had a transparent roof and walls thats why the vinly was so dry) this must be where the "aviator" that owned it before him did all the extra clean rebuilding of the dashes, drives and slick paint work before he broke his back in that plane crash!!!!! what a joke!!!! (this would answer the sandy finish in some spots and that crunchy sound and feel when i turned the prop shafts.......J/K)
Old 02-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

larslindroth has a 'friend' named Steve
LDD's name is Steve

Both stories involve boating deals gone bad.
Both stories involve car salesman.

Moral of this post.... don't buy a boat from a car salesman where a guy with the name of Steve is involved.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Registered

i was reading the LDD thread. WOW some pice of work. makes me not feel so bad. i could brush off $500(if i had to) but 14K of inhairitance. we do things differently in texas...... we would find a way to make him a midget....

i will say that i have had a fare share of good dealings within the boating community in general. the dude i bought the kaama scarab from i ended up with, let me drive off with his boat and paper work only having received half the money. i showed up over the weekend, banks were closed. i only had half the cash and the guy let me roll out of town on my word i would send the balance via bank wire!

my 1966 all wood wickens whirlwind vdrive flat i bought on ebay, picked up in CA. built/restored played with sold on ebay and delivered to OH. to one of the coolest guys i have ever met. the dude had 25+ wood boats most flats, a few hydros, most having hemis and a few other cool toys. all under one roof with heat and air..... sweet set up!!!

my 1981 condor jet same thing. bought, built, played with, sold.

this is the first problem i have had playing with boats and dealing with fellow boaters.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
larslindroth has a 'friend' named Steve
LDD's name is Steve

Both stories involve boating deals gone bad.
Both stories involve car salesman.

Moral of this post.... don't buy a boat from a car salesman where a guy with the name of Steve is involved.
Guess we just cant trust anyone named Steve..... Or used car salesmen.....Or the double whammy is a used car saleman names Steve....But thats why we have a court system.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nopostduece
the dude i bought the kaama scarab from i ended up with, let me drive off with his boat and paper work only having received half the money. i showed up over the weekend, banks were closed. i only had half the cash and the guy let me roll out of town on my word i would send the balance via bank wire!

What a fool that seller was letting somebody drag his boat away without full payment.

All these boat problems always start the same.

1.Sending money with out looking at it.
2.Buying a boat only going by what a surveyor says without personal inspection
3. Making payments to the seller.
4. Trusting the seller

Not all of the time the seller is untruthful but I say 95 percent of the time he is not going to offer information. Its always up to the buyer to inspect his boat before purchase.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

holy chit... was that a reply by Lars or was that a posting of his masters thesis???? that went on and on and on and on and......
Old 02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts
Default Last comment I hope?

I appologize to all for my looooong reply yesterday. Guess it's a modern approach by Vikings to avoid going berserk?
There will be a column in Performance Boat Magazine about this and similar situations by Kevin Spaise in a coming issue for all who like to read and learn from something like this. I won't mention names, but I already have been accused of not being married and IF? that my beloved wife has not even had a serious, very painful back injury with following operations and my constant attention. That the previous owner of this boat is a decorated U.S. Navy pilot who broke his neck for all Our safety has also been ridiculed and of course questioned. I could go on and on, but for You who also questioned how/or even if, the boat was stored in an air-craft hangar in Fallon, Nevada for 12 years. I include copies of a few photos. I posted a couple of low quality cell-phone photos of her, (on boating forums), outside the storage out of excitement, when I picked her up 16 months ago. The boat arrived at the storage in San Rafael, CA in August 2008. I got a storage contract to prove it.

P.S. My currently disabled wife also agreed to a photo so the ones who in my opinion also owe Us an appology remember her innocent face. Anybody like to see me, shoot me a PM and let's get together under friendlier circumstances.
Boat is no longer for sale at ANY price, this was not about money, I have more than enough. Send me Your convincing game plan on how You plan to restore this classic boat in still very good condition and it is Yours for FREE. However Mr Stan Ware, who was in contact with me right after I bought her, has first choice since this boat has sentimental value to him and I know what he'd like to use her for; Late, Great Al Copeland may You rest in peace! One day a cure for skin cancer will be found. http://www.alcopelandfoundation.org/
I estimate it to be worth a conservative $10,000 or more, but that will of course also be questioned except by the person who I will give it to. It will take another $10,000 to run her and if to be restored to concourse I think $50,000 is more like it. Enough about this whole emotional subject for me. D.S.
Attached Thumbnails Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter-dsc02193.jpg   Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter-dsc02198.jpg   Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter-dsc02200.jpg  

Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter-descanso-garden-2009019-3-.jpg-nokie-3-.jpg-bbbbb.jpg  

Last edited by larslindroth; 02-02-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Grammar as usual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.