Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter >

Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter

Notices

Warning On Larry Smith Team Scarab 9 Meter

Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Where Is My Money!!!!

"The ONLY reason I'm selling this famous Larry Smith Team Scarab boat is that my wife and I have settled in Los Angeles area after my wife's serious back surgery and is not likely that we will be able to boat together in a high performance boat of this caliber in the foreseeable future."

LOVE THE LAST PART!!!!!!!!!!

IM SURE SHE LOVES RIPPIN AROUND IN THOSE 1500LB 300HP WEEDWACKERS AT 80/90 MPH. WHY ARE THEY NOT FOR SALE?

AND THAT RED FLIPPIN FLYER WITH THE BING DONGS ON THE SIDES OF IT WITH ALL THE GLORY PICS YOU HAVE PLASTERED ALL OVER THE NET ON THE SOCIAL SITES THAT SAY YOUR SINGLE WITH NOT ONE WORD OR PIC OF YOUR BELOVED INNOCENT WIFE, LIKE I ASKED BEFORE. WHERE IS IT STORED?????

ACCORDING TO STEVE YOUR GOOD BOATING BUD. THAT THING IS IN VIKING LAND. NOT EVEN IN THE STATES..... HE HAS NEVER SEEN IT JUST HEARD ABOUT IT... YOU MUST DO ALOT OF FLYING FOR UPGRADES BIG BANK.

again steve is a cool guy and nice to talk with... he does have a ultra clean twin to this LS team scarab for sale. i hope the best for him and the sale of his boat.... I ALSO WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR. YOU BROUGHT YOU WIFE IT TO THIS NOT ME.

i dont know about "GOOD FRIEND STEVE" i gather after many long talks with him. he is more like the acquaintance that had the truck to move this POS after you impulse bought it for next to nothing and couldnt move it. witch is how it ended up at the buddy deal storage yard in the first place.....

i would like to know what parts i have fabricated!!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 644 Likes on 297 Posts
Default I do try to follow rules.

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
To avoid future problems:

1) If you want to sell something large like a boat or car you need to be there in person when the buyer comes to pick it up.
2) If you can't be there in person, refer to rule #1.

It looks to me that even after you heard there was water in the boat you re-listed it on eBay without mentioning the water and you still haven't seen the boat yet??????? The main problem with this transaction is there was water in the boat. All the other BS from both parties is moot. If there was water in the boat, which it seems both parties agree to, the initial eBay deal is over.

Listings after the water was discovered in the boat I would imagine would include at least a mention of possible water damage -OR- at least I'd expect that you had seen the boat by the time you re-listed it to check the problem out. I'm sorry but that makes you, Lars, out to look like the one that is pulling some crap here.
"Still not convinced the boat is O.K., even after I arranged for a marine surveyor to sneak on the lot on a Sunday and use his moisture meter and vast experience to evaluate it. He was convinced it's solid and nothing to worry about, but I'm not sure of too many things around this any more".

This is one out of two quotes on the matter earlier mentioned by me on this thread. Though I now dearly wish that I would have been able to be present right before the listing and at the close of the deal I also think has been described pretty thoroughly. My friend Steve had an appointment with the buyer and I trust him more than most. The storage circumstances the weeks before the event were VERY hard to foresee or even imagine in a abominable nightmare. I did offer to pay the buyer for his cost of diesel and his deposit back, but he insisted on staying at the site that evening and half the following day. He spent hours going through the boat and all the equipment with a trusted friend of his and then made me an offer of a lot lower price and feeling bad for him I accepted. That he then later took off without a word I still have no explanation for, that only he and his friend know. That he also stayed incommunicado for close to a month during which I took many measures to contact him will also be a mystery to me!
Last but not least it really hurts my feelings that You question the ability of a very experienced marine surveyor and on top of that insinuate that I would have had audacity to list the boat after the discovery without having a true professional check it out. There's a reason the boat went up for sale after the incident on a Monday and the survey happen to have taken place on a Sunday.
Still got to hand it to You for the rule above though, You are absolutely correct on that point and I would never argue with that. I would also add that The Eleventh Commandment applies; "Thou shall not think...", in other words; "Don't assume!".
And I'm the guilty in that case, without a doubt. I made the assumption that the boat was where I left her, but anything is possible as shown, even though We don't even have tornados out here. If an earthquake had been involved I would have at least known about it.

End of story for me this time. I will make no further comments on this subject on this forum.

Sincerely, Lars.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

Their is on way to clear this up WHERE ARE THE PICS THAT YOU TOOK OF THE WATER IN THE BOAT NOPOSTDUECE
Old 02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 644 Likes on 297 Posts
Default Weeds wacked, is that ALL that needs to get wacked?

Originally Posted by nopostduece
"The ONLY reason I'm selling this famous Larry Smith Team Scarab boat is that my wife and I have settled in Los Angeles area after my wife's serious back surgery and is not likely that we will be able to boat together in a high performance boat of this caliber in the foreseeable future."

LOVE THE LAST PART!!!!!!!!!!

IM SURE SHE LOVES RIPPIN AROUND IN THOSE 1500LB 300HP WEEDWACKERS AT 80/90 MPH. WHY ARE THEY NOT FOR SALE?

AND THAT RED FLIPPIN FLYER WITH THE BING DONGS ON THE SIDES OF IT WITH ALL THE GLORY PICS YOU HAVE PLASTERED ALL OVER THE NET ON THE SOCIAL SITES THAT SAY YOUR SINGLE WITH NOT ONE WORD OR PIC OF YOUR BELOVED INNOCENT WIFE, LIKE I ASKED BEFORE. WHERE IS IT STORED?????

ACCORDING TO STEVE YOUR GOOD BOATING BUD. THAT THING IS IN VIKING LAND. NOT EVEN IN THE STATES..... HE HAS NEVER SEEN IT JUST HEARD ABOUT IT... YOU MUST DO ALOT OF FLYING FOR UPGRADES BIG BANK.

again steve is a cool guy and nice to talk with... he does have a ultra clean twin to this LS team scarab for sale. i hope the best for him and the sale of his boat.... I ALSO WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR. YOU BROUGHT YOU WIFE IT TO THIS NOT ME.

i dont know about "GOOD FRIEND STEVE" i gather after many long talks with him. he is more like the acquaintance that had the truck to move this POS after you impulse bought it for next to nothing and couldnt move it. witch is how it ended up at the buddy deal storage yard in the first place.....

i would like to know what parts i have fabricated!!!!
You're one cool cowboy Spencer. Keep shooting from the hip and You have soon spent another $500 worth of ammunition. When Steve comes back at the end of the month from Costa Rica I will let him decide where I'll should put the first nickel, since You now claim that You respect him! What about Your appointment with him, Your tool story, many long talks(I bet he enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed the ones with You!), and all the other B.S. Sure he respects You?
Keep opening Your mouth like You have done all along and I'm pretty sure he'll tell me to shove it in a manner so You'll feel that nickel coming back where You like to put words in other people.
As far as my other weedwackers, they are currently used by my Younger brother, nephew and trusted friends of mine. Up intill my wife's accident she enjoyed being out there too, but the reason You can't see the photos is because You have to be one of Our FRIENDS to access Our personal social sites as You surely know. As You have seen there's only the boats on the web page for You and that's the way it will always be. My wife is at all times my dear and only priority and not just an answer machine/message taker while I'm running around God knows where looking for lost cell phones, tools or who knows what?
You may have thought that my POS was a steal at $5,800. As a true cool cowboy You went and smelled it, kicked it around, played with it with all of Your skills for a day and a half and decided that it sure was worth $3,300 'cause it wasn't so bad after all! I offered You Your $500 back and diesel fuel money at that point, but You still insisted that You wanted to complete the transaction. We agreed. You called Steve and so did I and he waited for You again. You disappear for 3 hours without a sign of life and then call Steve from Reno. I bet he enjoyed that conversation too!
While You're now out there blasting away from the hip, loosing Your balance/cell-phone/mind, maybe even stepping on some other POS turds "by mistake", please get home, look at the reflexion off the PC screen or even better a real mirror before You start typing away again.

We could never have become friends Spencer, but probably acquaintances!

Lars.

Last edited by larslindroth; 02-03-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: More grammar, but most likely still SwEnglish as usual.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lars does your offer still stand to refund him his money and the gas? That seems more then resonable to me.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Registered

I stand by my original post. You have a thirty-four year old boat w/out motors being auctioned. If you want it to be pristine you have to get off your lazy, fat ass and verify the condition. I cut and pasted the following quote from E-bay w/out making any changes:

Bidding is meant to be fun, but remember that each bid you place enters you into a binding contract. All bids are active until the listing ends. If you win a listing, you’re obligated to purchase the item.

If you can't deal with those terms, DON'T BID. I wouldn't buy a vehicle off E-bay for just this reason. I prefer to meet the seller or broker, get a survey, see the boat , make a deal. If you want to try and make a steal on line, great, but this is what happens. This is by definition what a binding auction is.
I don't feel the least bit sorry for Nopost and I damn sure wouldn't give him his money back.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Skullkrusher .... and the Ebay rules. Common sense.... and from the OSO forum rules:
"Offshoreonly is a place to share information but is not a place to strongarm an individual or business by posting bad press in an effort to resolve a dispute or misunderstanding. Slanderous remarks and negative comments without merit will be removed immediately. Continued Postings on deleted or closed topics will result in Banishment form the Website with or without warning. Valid disputes may be posted once a Judgement from a Court has been obtained and even then we reserve the right to remove the posting at our Counsels direction."

The short version of what I get from this ....

1. Lars has a boat for sale on Ebay
2. Noduece buys boat on Ebay
3. Noduece goes to get boat and finds water in the boat
4. Lars is not local to the boat and didnt know it had water in it
5. Lars contacts surveyor who says boat is ok (did you get that in writing?)
6. Noduece doesnt want boat
7. Lars agrees to give him back his down payment
8. Noduece leaves his tools behind (and why were they out at all?)
9. Month later Noduece still doesn't have downpayment returned

Lars ... you agreed to give the money back but you should have done it right away even tho there was no principle obligation to do so.... only a moral one but as far as the tools go, I'd have said you're own your own. Good luck.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Registered

i have never asked for anything more than the $500 deposit.

tools were out because the trailer was going to need an over all check of lugnuts, tire psi, needing straps/hold down as there was not even a bow strap, and i had brought light to be installed as there were none.... i was giong to take the boat at the price of $3300 and the $200 for the storage total of $3500 and i waited as the gates were locked for 5 hours until sunset. there was a man gate you could walk throught open. the $3500 is a stretch after what i walked up on. link to for sale thread on donzi.net.... post #13 is my fav... i was watching this thread as i was biding..... most of the stuff listed was water logged.....

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60754

i will be upgrading my membership on this forum as i am a new scarab owner, i do have pics, i will be posting them.

when the $500 hits my paypal i will gladly thank larz!

again, had i not shown my butt i never would have seen my money (still has not showed) and someone eles would have gone through the same thing!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's my opinion, for what it's worth. (I rarely get involved in issues such as this) ebay is an auction. You bid it up to where you were comfortable with the amount. The deposit is just that, a deposit to hold the item until the transaction is completed.

Regardless of the condition of the boat after the auction ended, as far as I am concerned (FWIW) you were obligated to follow through with the transaction and pay the remaining balance. We are not talking huge sums of $$ here. It's a classic boat with history, it's got to be worth the end of auction price regardless of the condition it was found in at the time.

You chose to walk away from the deal. (after commiting to the purchase by placing the winning bid) Personally, I do not feel Lars would be obligated to refund the $500 deposit as it was you that backed out of the transaction.

As for the tools that were forgotten back at the yard, that's no fault of anyone other than your self. It's a bummer, I can relate as I've lost tools while away.

I've never met Lars but I do know he's a well respected member of the Donzi site. Donzi.net is a very close knit group and frauds are exposed almost immediately.

In summary, I do not feel it's fair to drag Lars' name through the mud all over the internet when it was you who decided to walk away from the deal even after he had agreed to drastically lower the auction price, the price you had agreed to pay by placing the winning bid.

Regards,

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 02-04-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Here's my opinion, for what it's worth and I rarely get involved in issues such as this. ebay is an auction. You bid it up to where you were comfortable with the amount. The deposit is just that, a deposit to hold the item until the transaction is completed.

Regardless of the condition of the boat after the auction ended, as far as I am concerned (FWIW) you were obligated to follow through with the transaction and pay the remaining balance. We are not talking huge sums of $$ here. It's a classic boat with history, it's got to be worth the end of auction price regardless of the condition it was found in at the time.

You chose to walk away from the deal. (after commiting to the purchase by placing the winning bid) Personally, I do not feel Lars would be obligated to refund the $500 deposit as it was you that backed out of the transaction.

As for the tools that were forgotten back at the yard, that's no fault of anyone other than your self. It's a bummer, I can relate as I've lost tools while away.

I've never met Lars but I do know he's a well respected member of the Donzi site. Donzi.net is a very close knit group and frauds are exposed almost immediately.

In summary, I do not feel it's fair to drag Lars' name through the mud all over the internet when it was you who decided to walk away from the deal even after he had agreed to drastically lower the auction price, the price you had agreed to pay by placing the winning bid.

Regards,

Kurt
+{1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.