Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
That's all I have to say.
Some how I doubt it.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully Chris can just come up with pics or backup of some sort; of some, if not all the boats he has owned... otherwise as an outsider i would just plain feel cheated. His posts and his credibility would mean nothing anymore.

I have never owned a performance car, street car, or exotic car... but if i played like i did, and built a name and brand for myself as a guy who did own all these cars, to which i then started a large Exotic Car web site that charged money, as well as led members from an already accredited exotic car site over to my site, im sure members of my new board, and members of my new site would be mad and disapointed when they found out they followed me and believed in me based on complete lies.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My perspective is based on the fact that I don't bring an old grudge and a bunch of baggage to the situation. Plus, I actually know the guy. So, my opinion is informed by things other than what I read on the internet. My perspective isn't based on the missing 6 from your equation. It isn't based on what I don't know, and doesn't add up. It is based on having a great deal of experience, transactions and deals. I can understand where you are coming from. If I was some guy from California who smelled blood in the water and decided to make some very strong and defamatory comments based on what I don't know, rather than what I know... I would probably be right there with you. Well, except that I am not quite as ill-mannered.
The funny thing is, I never actually defended Chris. I have only defended logic. But, again... it's easier to be fair minded when one doesn't have a past grudge.
Also, I am not his victim. Maybe you are his victim?
so if you know Chris as you stated here i guess you have seen his boats and or been on them so put this to rest . Also in your next post you say there are no victims, WRONG we are all victims of lies and deception on both boards by someone everyone thought they could trust. To me that is worse then stealing something i own.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Boomer35
Hopefully Chris can just come up with pics or backup of some sort; of some, if not all the boats he has owned... otherwise as an outsider i would just plain feel cheated. His posts and his credibility would mean nothing anymore.

I have never owned a performance car, street car, or exotic car... but if i played like i did, and built a name and brand for myself as a guy who did own all these cars, to which i then started a large Exotic Car web site that charged money, as well as led members from an already accredited exotic car site over to my site, im sure members of my new board, and members of my new site would be mad and disapointed when they found out they followed me and believed in me based on complete lies.
Bingo
Old 04-22-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer35

You must of been real close to Chris as a friend to feel cheated, well if your were that close you must of known the he never owned those boats right? Not defending Chris, but just making a point that I don't know him and could give a chit about what boats he claimed he has had heck even if he has never owned a boat who cares even if it is lies it does not change the website. SOS is still cool and one person does not ruin SOS, there is still alot of great people on there that are funny as hell and have a ton of useful information about boats same as here. I really would hate to see the website go down after spending so much time there.

Last edited by sunsation96; 04-22-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunsation96
Not defending Chris, but even if he has never owned a boat who cares even if it is lies it does not change the website. SOS is still cool and one person does not ruin SOS, there is still alot of great people on there that are funny as hell and have a ton of useful information about boats same as here. I really would hate to see the website go down after spending so much time there.
It does to me, he owns it, he built it and if true he lied to get everyone there.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered

"sunkin" is almost the phonetic writing of "sunken" and a Chris can be i.e. a Chris Craft. May be one day you will find out that you are discussing with a screen name?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:57 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't know what you mean by you "infer me" but thank you for your story about the time that you got ripped off. That must have really left an emotional scar on your for you to project that pain onto a different situation simply because you haven't seen a guy's boat. I am sorry that people have lied to you and that you know have a fixation on this.
I guess that I am glad that I don't have to rely on internet speculation and the stories of others to inform my opinion. That might have caused me to make some overly-strong and potentially defamatory comments too.
What we have here is no victims. And the many, many people who have been helped by Chris are afraid to say anything because of the mob mentality of people who know almost nothing about the situation other than hearsay. I don't have blind allegiance to Chris, I just have the balls to speak my independent mind. I think that some people have made bigger fools of themselves in the last two weeks. At least the four mutaneers have enough sense to limit their liability by going silent. If only the people who don't know jack chit about it would follow the lead of those who do. Then this would stop being such a negative force on all the boards.

The long term impact, not of the four people who made their choice, but of the "mob rules" mentality bangwagon jumpers is that people on all forums will be hesitant to post personal information any more. All it takes is pizzing off one or two people who hold an old grudge and they are scouring the internet for dirt to post and things to try to embarrass people with. Maybe there is a need for a lynch mob forum. The relative IQ of some of the posters who jumped in this would surely be low enough to support it.

I think that many people learned a great deal about folks other than Chris, and will remember who the people are who are grown adults who behave like 5 year olds and are completely comfortable with it.

That's all I have to say. I leave the gutter to you. Enjoy. Be proud. Feel good about yourself by bashing another on a hunch. Fill the hole in your soul with the dirt on another man. Ahhh so satisfying.

hey John, Come on man you and I both know Chris never had the boats he said he has owned, stop defending him!!! you are his number one cheerleader right now!! let what is going on play out. Yes he helped you find my boat that was for sale and helped you with the deal, and even getting some parts on credit. I can now see that he lives in a make believe world of lies and trickery. The worst part is he actually believe's his lies because he has been telling them for so long. He would have to have been very wealthy to own any 46 cougar, 42 Apache and 3 41 Apache's in the late 80' into the early 90's, there were very few of these performance boats out there than, and to own one means you were very wealthy, not like the way things became in the late 90's and thru most of the 2000's. He was also very eager to go for free boat rides with all the different members at the poker runs!! way too eager. Anyone who has owned a performance boat, and as many as he said he has had would not be that excited to be at a poker run without there own boat!! They would not show up at a event to bum ride's!!! Most performance boat owners are type A and will not want to free load off anyone they dont know!! I just think you should step back look at the big picture and take a breath, unless Chris can prove what he said he owned he is done, and looks like a totla fool, He can very easily fix the whole mess buy showing pics and facts, but he cant and wont!! His first Real performance boat was the 35 Cig he bought off Ebay 2 years ago, and that is it!! It he just would have come on here and not lied about what he did or what he has, members would have accepted him, now he looks like a fool, and by defending his lies because he bought you some parts that he did not have to pay for upfront, you keep making yourself look like a fool as well. The fact is Chris would never go from a 41 Apache, 42 Apache, 50ft Sea Ray, and all the other boats to go down to a 35ft Cigarette!!! My point is made.

Last edited by WMF; 04-22-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 342 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes280
so if you know Chris as you stated here i guess you have seen his boats and or been on them so put this to rest . Also in your next post you say there are no victims, WRONG we are all victims of lies and deception on both boards by someone everyone thought they could trust. To me that is worse then stealing something i own.
Bingo!

Chris is very cunning. If you notice in his most recent retort he explains away everything else but the boats, likely because he has no explaination for not owing that vast fleet of boats that gave him instant cred on these boards. He doesn't address that subject because it is poisen to him. When caught in a lie that one can't explain away avoid the subject.

The best he can do is let his minions come on here and offer up: So what, there were no victims!

I don't get where they are coming from on that.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boyd Racing Eng
Maybe he's not posting his photos for the same reason Obama is not posting his birth certificate???? Eh Jay?
Heh heh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.