Notices

In His Own Words

Old 04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Hate is a very strong word.

I suppose you could say I hate liars and thieves.
I have a particular distaste for groundless threats against me and my friends from a known liar and thief.

So don't call it hate. Call it fighting fire with fire.
Actually you're sounding a lot like Cuda.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Chris, what about the boats? This is a boating web site. It's all about the boats.

I would not have even posted on the subject at all if you had simply offered proof that you actually owned the boats. If you don't offer proof (which anyone could and would do in this situation) then most people will still think you are the pathological lier others have accused you of being.

Tell us about the boats Chris and clear your name.
Maybe he's not posting his photos for the same reason Obama is not posting his birth certificate???? Eh Jay?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

holy chit,this is a long one,cant wait for the ending.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Actually you're sounding a lot like Cuda.
Oh no he's not nearly as vicious as cuda was...
Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I asked the man if he needed some Chapstick now WTF is POLITICAL about that...after all that 's been posted here? You've got to be kidding me.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
I asked the man if he needed some Chapstick now WTF is POLITICAL about that...after all that 's been posted here? You've got to be kidding me.
Hey I'm with one turdblossom. Set his chickens free.

Last edited by Catmando; 04-22-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
And that's the editorialized, sensationalized version. The one that assumes that four members of a loose group of friends (those of us who sit on actual boards know that a loose grouping of interesting folks is not really a board of directors. Chris is sole owner) who have gone silent speak for the other dozen. The one that assumes that if Chris doesn't refute an unfounded allegation it is automatically true. Sour grapes, old agenda. Axes to grind. Wait....
Perhaps Marginmn is the missing victim?

The actual version is a freaking yawner.

Dam, I need another shower.
It's always easiest to deflect attention away from the real issue isn't it? I'm not sure why you prefer to so closely sustain a BSr and pathological liar but that is totally your choice. Go ahead and down play the fabrication, lying, and deceit as a “yawner” all you want, but really, this isn't about you so why make it?

Go take your shower…..this is about Chris Sunkin. He has deceived, betrayed and misled……for years! Certainly if you’ve done your own homework on this and have a different perspective…..that is great. I’ve done enough homework myself to say that 2+2 doesn’t equal 10. Let me make this thought very clear to you……….the marine industry has enough challenges to face without having another BS artist (and pathological liar) like Sunkin.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 342 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
And that's the editorialized, sensationalized version. The one that assumes that four members of a loose group of friends (those of us who sit on actual boards know that a loose grouping of interesting folks is not really a board of directors. Chris is sole owner) who have gone silent speak for the other dozen. The one that assumes that if Chris doesn't refute an unfounded allegation it is automatically true. Sour grapes, old agenda. Axes to grind. Wait....
Perhaps Marginmn is the missing victim?

The actual version is a freaking yawner.

Dam, I need another shower.
I don't claim to be a victim of CS. But I am a member of this community who had once all but giving up hope of ever getting back Five Thousand Dollars that I was cheated out of by a scam artist from Canada. As a last resort I mentioned my plight to this message board. Fortunetly for me the patholigical liar who scammed me out of an XR drive made the terrible mistake of coming on to this board and try to refute what were pretty much black and white facts. I had sent the guy a cashiers check for $5k, had the documentation to prove it, but he never sent me the drive. The loser came on here and tried to blow smoke up members asses by telling wild stories that just didnt add up (hadn't returned my many calls because he lost his phone while moose hunting, had sent the drive but would not produce a tracking number). My fellow members quickly saw through his bs and took it upon themselves to call the guy on it - literally. Called him Day and night, night and day, and not just him but his neighbors and local businesses as well. The guy was so miserable that he finally admitted that he had never shipped the drive and gave me my money back.

After it was all said and done the Mounties up there finally followed up on the complaint I had filed weeks before. Turns out he was a well know con-artist who used the border to pray off Americans who usually gave up upon learning the hassles of cross border disputes such as mine. He was blown away that I was able to get my money back - said that "Americans never get their money back from this guy." I told him neither would of I if other members of a certain web site hadn't had my back.

So when I saw this whole episode blow up over a bounced check I give CS the benefit of the doubt. But when I looked further into it and discovered that his accussers are claiming that he's a total bs artist who apperas to have COMPLETELY FABRICATED HIS OWNERSHIP OF PERFORMANCE BOATS FOR THE ENTIRE TEN YEARS THAT HE HAS BEEN A MEMBER OF THESE WEB SITES - my ears perked up. Been on the receiving end of a pathological liar myself.

Now you said in your post that Chris Sunkin does not have respond to alligations - I infer you speak of those claims of him not actually owning those numerous boats he has boasted of for the last ten years. I say that it is painfully obvious that he wouldn't have to respond to these alligations himself. If he had in fact owned and operated them as he claims, others would speak up for him. Scores of other people would speak up for him.

As you point out Chris Sunkin owns Seriousoffshore.com, one of the most prominant boating sites on the planet. Chris Sunkin is a very high profile individual. While in contrast I am just some guy from a lake in Kentucky who 's owed a 27 Checkmate, 35 Fountain, and my current 38 Fountain during my time on this site. A small collection of boats in comparison to Chris' fleet. But if a thread were started that claimed I had lied about owning these three relatively modest performace boats scores of people would show up here to refute those alligations. I could easily point out that I bought the 27 Checkmate from Kunkles Marine in Ohio but I would not have to. I'm sure that a guy that I had never previously met but ultimetly become friends with because he also had a 27 Checkmate would come to my defense. His name is Bill to me but he's Wild Willy to everyone on OSO and he's now a moderator to boot. You wouldn't know the guy I sold the 27 Check to (and neither did I at the time) but he is a great friend now and his son is now a member here on OSO - Bathtub.

You wouldn't know the guy I bought the 35 Fountain from but some OSO advertisers knew him and in turn me because they heard he was selling it to me - the guys at Lake Cumberland Marine could verify this. Of course I had called them to ask about the boat before I bought it because they had sold it to the guy and I figured they would know the boat. When I needed parts for the boat or work done on it, that's where I took it so they in turn got to know me well. Other members on OSO that I don't know personally could and likley would speak up and attest to seeing me on Lake Cumberland with that boat.

I sold that 35 to a real nice guy from upstate NY that I had never met. His name is Peter and I now know him as Raggededge here on OSO. Even if Peter wasn't on this site his many friends from upstate NY who are here on OSO would quickly verify that I was the guy from KY who sold their friend Peter that boat. A guy by the name of 2112 here on OSO might chime in and offer that I bought a set of take out 525's from him to put in that boat, but instead wound up putting them in my next boat, a 38 Fountain.

You get the picture. PICTURE, by gwad this is a good time for a picture! People love to take pictures of their boats - even other peoples boats because they are enthusiast of the sport and enthusiast naturally take pics of boats that they like and would like to move up to. And boy boating enthusiast are not shy about coming up to other performance boaters and asking them questions about their boats while at the ramp or even out on the lake. Boy if you owed a big ole betching Apache, or 3 of them, can you imagine how many pics of those boats would show up on the net and how many of your fellow OSO members you would have bumped into on the ramps, or on the lake? You would never have to take a pic of your boat yourself because so many other people would.

Let's revew this. In a span of nearly 10 years on these web sites the high profile member Chris Sunkin has claimed to have owned operated a 50 Sea Ray, 41 Sea Ray, a 42 Apache, 3 41's, a Tops Gun, 35 Cigs, a 28 Apache.... and others....hell you get the point. And he has been called out numerous times in several high profile threads on this site and SOS as being a complete total lier scammer; YET NOT ONE PERSON ON WEB SITES WITH A COMBINED MEMBERSHIP OF SOME 50,000 MEMBERS (read that somewhere) has STEPPED FORWARD TO VERIFY THAT HAVE EVER SOLD A BOAT TO CHRIS SUNKIN, BOUGHT A BOAT FROM CHRIS SUNKIN, BOUGHT OR SOLD ENGINES OR OTHER PARTS TO CHRIS SUNKIN, FOR ANY OF THIS VAST FLEET OF BOATS that Chris Sunkin has claimed to have owed and operated over the last ten years (sans a stripped 35 cig that has never seen the water the entire time he has owned it. This Thread is Titled "In His Own Words" for a reason.

Now considering the vast web of connections that a boater from a lake in KY has made over the years with just three modest performance boats in comparison to Chris', THE OWNER OF SOS, how could no one have seen him out in his boats?. In light of that, JUST HOW FAR DOES A PERSON HAVE TO HAVE THEIR HEAD STUCK UP THEIR ASS TO NOT REALIZE THAT CHRIS SUNKIN HAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH TELLING THE TRUTH!! And for Pete's sakes people, if he's been lieing to us for ten years about owning these boats what makes you think he's telling the truth about the check issue when Four upstanding founding members of SOS say he's lieing.
Attached Thumbnails In His Own Words-p296044804-4.jpg  
Old 04-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
It's always easiest to deflect attention away from the real issue isn't it? I'm not sure why you prefer to so closely sustain a BSr and pathological liar but that is totally your choice. Go ahead and down play the fabrication, lying, and deceit as a “yawner” all you want, but really, this isn't about you so why make it?

Go take your shower…..this is about Chris Sunkin. He has deceived, betrayed and misled……for years! Certainly if you’ve done your own homework on this and have a different perspective…..that is great. I’ve done enough homework myself to say that 2+2 doesn’t equal 10. Let me make this thought very clear to you……….the marine industry has enough challenges to face without having another BS artist (and pathological liar) like Sunkin.
My perspective is based on the fact that I don't bring an old grudge and a bunch of baggage to the situation. Plus, I actually know the guy. So, my opinion is informed by things other than what I read on the internet. My perspective isn't based on the missing 6 from your equation. It isn't based on what I don't know, and doesn't add up. It is based on having a great deal of experience, transactions and deals. I can understand where you are coming from. If I was some guy from California who smelled blood in the water and decided to make some very strong and defamatory comments based on what I don't know, rather than what I know... I would probably be right there with you. Well, except that I am not quite as ill-mannered.
The funny thing is, I never actually defended Chris. I have only defended logic. But, again... it's easier to be fair minded when one doesn't have a past grudge.
Also, I am not his victim. Maybe you are his victim?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I don't claim to be a victim of CS. But I am a member of this community who had once all but giving up hope of ever getting back Five Thousand Dollars that I was cheated out of by a scam artist from Canada. As a last resort I mentioned my plight to this message board. Fortunetly for me the patholigical liar who scammed me out of an XR drive made the terrible mistake of coming on to this board and try to refute what were pretty much black and white facts. I had sent the guy a cashiers check for $5k, had the documentation to prove it, but he never sent me the drive. The loser came on here and tried to blow smoke up members asses by telling wild stories that just didnt add up (hadn't returned my many calls because he lost his phone while moose hunting, had sent the drive but would not produce a tracking number). My fellow members quickly saw through his bs and took it upon themselves to call the guy on it - literally. Called him Day and night, night and day, and not just him but his neighbors and local businesses as well. The guy was so miserable that he finally admitted that he had never shipped the drive and gave me my money back.

After it was all said and done the Mounties up there finally followed up on the complaint I had filed weeks before. Turns out he was a well know con-artist who used the border to pray off Americans who usually gave up upon learning the hassles of cross border disputes such as mine. He was blown away that I was able to get my money back - said that "Americans never get their money back from this guy." I told him neither would of I if other members of a certain web site hadn't had my back.

So when I saw this whole episode blow up over a bounced check I give CS the benefit of the doubt. But when I looked further into it and discovered that his accussers are claiming that he's a total bs artist who apperas to have COMPLETELY FABRICATED HIS OWNERSHIP OF PERFORMANCE BOATS FOR THE ENTIRE TEN YEARS THAT HE HAS BEEN A MEMBER OF THESE WEB SITES - my ears perked up. Been on the receiving end of a pathological liar myself.

Now you said in your post that Chris Sunkin does not have respond to alligations - I infer you speak of those claims of him not actually owning those numerous boats he has boasted of for the last ten years. I say that it is painfully obvious that he wouldn't have to respond to these alligations himself. If he had in fact owned and operated them as he claims, others would speak up for him. Scores of other people would speak up for him.

As you point out Chris Sunkin owns Seriousoffshore.com, one of the most prominant boating sites on the planet. Chris Sunkin is a very high profile individual. While in contrast I am just some guy from a lake in Kentucky who 's owed a 27 Checkmate, 35 Fountain, and my current 38 Fountain during my time on this site. A small collection of boats in comparison to Chris' fleet. But if a thread were started that claimed I had lied about owning these three relatively modest performace boats scores of people would show up here to refute those alligations. I could easily point out that I bought the 27 Checkmate from Kunkles Marine in Ohio but I would not have to. I'm sure that a guy that I had never previously met but ultimetly become friends with because he also had a 27 Checkmate would come to my defense. His name is Bill to me but he's Wild Willy to everyone on OSO and he's now a moderator to boot. You wouldn't know the guy I sold the 27 Check to (and neither did I at the time) but he is a great friend now and his son is now a member here on OSO - Bathtub.

You wouldn't know the guy I bought the 35 Fountain from but some OSO advertisers knew him and in turn me because they heard he was selling it to me - the guys at Lake Cumberland Marine could verify this. Of course I had called them to ask about the boat before I bought it because they had sold it to the guy and I figured they would know the boat. When I needed parts for the boat or work done on it, that's where I took it so they in turn got to know me well. Other members on OSO that I don't know personally could and likley would speak up and attest to seeing me on Lake Cumberland with that boat.

I sold that 35 to a real nice guy from upstate NY that I had never met. His name is Peter and I now know him as Raggededge here on OSO. Even if Peter wasn't on this site his many friends from upstate NY who are here on OSO would quickly verify that I was the guy from KY who sold their friend Peter that boat. A guy by the name of 2112 here on OSO might chime in and offer that I bought a set of take out 525's from him to put in that boat, but instead wound up putting them in my next boat, a 38 Fountain.

You get the picture. PICTURE, by gwad this is a good time for a picture! People love to take pictures of their boats - even other peoples boats because they are enthusiast of the sport and enthusiast naturally take pics of boats that they like and would like to move up to. And boy boating enthusiast are not shy about coming up to other performance boaters and asking them questions about their boats while at the ramp or even out on the lake. Boy if you owed a big ole betching Apache, or 3 of them, can you imagine how many pics of those boats would show up on the net and how many of your fellow OSO members you would have bumped into on the ramps, or on the lake? You would never have to take a pic of your boat yourself because so many other people would.

Let's revew this. In a span of nearly 10 years on these web sites the high profile member Chris Sunkin has claimed to have owned operated a 50 Sea Ray, 41 Sea Ray, a 42 Apache, 3 41's, a Tops Gun, 35 Cigs, a 28 Apache.... and others....hell you get the point. And he has been called out numerous times in several high profile threads on this site and SOS as being a complete total lier scammer; YET NOT ONE PERSON ON WEB SITES WITH A COMBINED MEMBERSHIP OF SOME 50,000 MEMBERS (read that somewhere) has STEPPED FORWARD TO VERIFY THAT HAVE EVER SOLD A BOAT TO CHRIS SUNKIN, BOUGHT A BOAT FROM CHRIS SUNKIN, BOUGHT OR SOLD ENGINES OR OTHER PARTS TO CHRIS SUNKIN, FOR ANY OF THIS VAST FLEET OF BOATS that Chris Sunkin has claimed to have owed and operated over the last ten years (sans a stripped 35 cig that has never seen the water the entire time he has owned it. This Thread is Titled "In His Own Words" for a reason.

Now considering the vast web of connections that a boater from a lake in KY has made over the years with just three modest performance boats in comparison to Chris', THE OWNER OF SOS, how could no one have seen him out in his boats?. In light of that, JUST HOW FAR DOES A PERSON HAVE TO HAVE THEIR HEAD STUCK UP THEIR ASS TO NOT REALIZE THAT CHRIS SUNKIN HAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH TELLING THE TRUTH!! And for Pete's sakes people, if he's been lieing to us for ten years about owning these boats what makes you think he's telling the truth about the check issue when Four upstanding founding members of SOS say he's lieing.
I don't know what you mean by you "infer me" but thank you for your story about the time that you got ripped off. That must have really left an emotional scar on your for you to project that pain onto a different situation simply because you haven't seen a guy's boat. I am sorry that people have lied to you and that you know have a fixation on this.
I guess that I am glad that I don't have to rely on internet speculation and the stories of others to inform my opinion. That might have caused me to make some overly-strong and potentially defamatory comments too.
What we have here is no victims. And the many, many people who have been helped by Chris are afraid to say anything because of the mob mentality of people who know almost nothing about the situation other than hearsay. I don't have blind allegiance to Chris, I just have the balls to speak my independent mind. I think that some people have made bigger fools of themselves in the last two weeks. At least the four mutaneers have enough sense to limit their liability by going silent. If only the people who don't know jack chit about it would follow the lead of those who do. Then this would stop being such a negative force on all the boards.

The long term impact, not of the four people who made their choice, but of the "mob rules" mentality bangwagon jumpers is that people on all forums will be hesitant to post personal information any more. All it takes is pizzing off one or two people who hold an old grudge and they are scouring the internet for dirt to post and things to try to embarrass people with. Maybe there is a need for a lynch mob forum. The relative IQ of some of the posters who jumped in this would surely be low enough to support it.

I think that many people learned a great deal about folks other than Chris, and will remember who the people are who are grown adults who behave like 5 year olds and are completely comfortable with it.

That's all I have to say. I leave the gutter to you. Enjoy. Be proud. Feel good about yourself by bashing another on a hunch. Fill the hole in your soul with the dirt on another man. Ahhh so satisfying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.