I found a nice article on SOS >

I found a nice article on SOS

Notices

I found a nice article on SOS

Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby

Oh...and my only other association with him was positive to the extreme. When my friend Brian (Straight Jacket) was killed last fall, Chris contacted me about getting a picture to him that would be displayed at the Serious party in KW in a place of honor on the bar.

Hmmmm, I wonder where the idea for that act of respect came from?

I actually proposed that we get a picture and a donation jar and place them on the bar with a sign that said "Buy Brian a drink. All donations go to a local children's charity in his name" but I was told that was too much of a downer for the party.

I haven't said much about what has transpired but, I will say this much.

Close working relationships are built on MUTUAL TRUST. I was targeted and accused of being untrustworthy by a few of my fellow board members and then locked out of the moderation forums by Chris because of my personal relationship with Castrophe. Nothing more, nothing less. It was alluded to that I was involved with the takeover deal , which I was not in any way whatsoever, and that I was a "Rat" feeding the group of four "inside information" about the goings on in the board room.

NO evidence or proof of any such action by me ever. NONE!

I was essentially kicked to the curb anyway because Alec is my friend so therefore, I was guilty by association.

It was those actions and accusations that made me think the descision of my future as a B o D member and Moderator on SOS had been made for me by Chris and so I submitted my letter of resignation to Chris via PM.

He actually had the nerve to pm me back stating that he had expected me to testify here on OSO in his favour and that stating that doing what he was accused of here was not in his character.

Funny, he sure didn't stand by me in our very own boardroom.
He never questioned the accusations being sent my way.
He never gave me the benefit of the doubt after my dedicated service to SOS since day one yet he was disappointed that I did not do the same for him here days later.

He then sent a PM titled "Apologies are in order" and explained that he knew it wasn't me being a "rat" and that he had discovered some sneaky back door access to the board room by the group of four, which by the way I verified as completely false with each one of the group,so another untruth, yet he allowed the false accusations against me to stand.

What was said in the private forums there after my resignation, I have no idea and really I don't care BUT, things being said about my friends while I was still a moderator and board member there were down right insulting and disturbing.

Constant finger pointing at Alec as the ring leader because he has money and calling the other three lemmings for following Alec in a coup attempt were utter bullchit. Even after some of us had spoken with Nick, Alec, Craig and Ted and were told in no uncertain terms that they had asked Alec to join them and we conveyed that information to the rest of the board members, Chris continued to point his finger of allegation ONLY at Alec just as he has been doing in several of the ongoing threads here.

When I complained about that fact, I was essentially targeted with false accusations of involvement.

Guilty by association again.

Funny thing is the head accuser, after doing his own research into what was being said about Chris came on here and announced his resignation fro the SOS B o D and sent me an apology by PM as well as a personal telephone call. ( thats being stand up in my opinion )

Like I stated at the top of this post,close working relationships are based on MUTUAL TRUST. No possible way could I trust someone who allowed my character and integrity to be assinated while claiming to know I was not involved nor guilty of what I was being accused of.

If any of this makes any kind of statement about Chris Sunkin's character, so be it.

I know my own and that is why I had to resign from Serious's Board of Directors.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

sommerfliesby,

A lot of us were excited about what we were doing over there. The site is still benefitting from the inertia of the work done by people who no longer wish to be associated with a liar and a thief. The whole concept of the upgrade and expansion was very cool... those now being asked to participate should be asking themselves why it didn't happen on its original schedule.

Here's part of the answer:

Most people who weren't board members were not aware of how much work was being done behind the scenes to grow that place and make it unique. I wasn't on the board, but I was aware of what was going on because I was directly involved with a lot of the activity. (For example, I printed that picture of Brian that you mentioned.)

Attached are some photos many of you may not have seen:
a cover composite for a planned yearbook that would feature pictures of the media section photographers,
a rate card for the book
and a business card for Alec.
(props to Imax and his brother for that logo)

Preparing the artwork for that business card caused an event that really opened my eyes.

Alec's plan was to carry the rate cards to the Miami Boat Show and sell advertising for the book face-to-face with potential sponsors. Great idea, and if you know Alec you know how charming and persuasive he is, so it was a no-brainer to meet these industry folks in person. (I should also note that the idea for this project was Alec's and he paid for my design time and the printing of the rate card and business cards out of his pocket. He was also prepared to pay any upfront printing costs of the magazine and recoup the money with ad sales.) At this point Alec decided it would be a good idea if the email address on the card reflected the sos domain- alec a seriousoffshore.com. Like I said, a no-brainer, right?

Not in chris sunkin's world.

Anyone with the slightest bit of tech savvy knows that it takes about two minutes to set up an email address on an existing domain. At this point I learned that the site admins had been trying for MONTHS to get passwords from chris sunkin so they could do minor maintenance and other tweaks to the site. All they got was excuses, or no response at all.

However: during all this time, chris sunkin had been telling them how hard he had been working to prep for the big upgrade, etc. And so, as the boat show was approaching and still no help about the email address from chris sunkin, Alec made a phone call to the gentleman who handles the back end tech stuff on the servers. During the course of the conversation, Alec asked him a question about the progress of preparations for the upgrade- something to the effect of, "Hope Chris hasn't been working you too hard". His response was:

"I'm not doing anything. Chris hasn't asked me to do anything."

So now, we are on the edge of May and still nothing. Draw your own conclusions, but try not to get too excited.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 04-29-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 342 Likes on 120 Posts

I disagree Margin. As has been stated before in one of the OTHER threads...it's a nice community over there. I don't know Chris...saw him on a dock at Michigan City last year and said hello. He's opened a window of opportunity for me that I'm pretty excited about.

Oh...and my only other association with him was positive to the extreme. When my friend Brian (Straight Jacket) was killed last fall, Chris contacted me about getting a picture to him that would be displayed at the Serious party in KW in a place of honor on the bar. He then sent a pic of that to Brian's dad. IMO...that's pretty classy.

And that's good OSD, cuz I get thirsty.
Yes but the only reason that Nice Community is over there in the first place is because Chris bamboozled fellow members into putting thousands of hours of free labor into into SOS by creating a new and highly respected offshore image for himself out of thin air. Then from all accounts he used the good name of the site to try and cheat a children's charity out of money - and he may very well have succeeded as he has never accounted for all the tickets sold and monies collected - despite the repeated requests by people mentioned in that story to do so - before they outted him.

The guy has been caught in lie after lie. To patronize Chris' site now spits in the faces of our fellow boaters who created that site and were most harmed by Chris' lies.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a brilliant idea! Why dont we start a 6th thread on this linking all the other threads together! Im typing fast before the padlock is thrown on this thread..........

Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They were great times and a lot of hard work and enthusiasm went into supporting Chris Sunkin.

We did some neat stuff , had some great parties and all around good times.

I've seen Dollabills thread on here about the good old days and the laughing back and forth with the posters on that is terrific. Good stuff.

Now to plan events on behalf of members and have fun and enjoy this stuff 1 password isnt enough. Shame.

Anyway I get to go boating this weekend with an old friend.
He and his brother were in the airforce .Paratroopers.

They have tons of great stories to tell.
Got a plane to catch.

Everyone enjoy their weekend.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 175 Posts

I disagree Margin. As has been stated before in one of the OTHER threads...it's a nice community over there. I don't know Chris...saw him on a dock at Michigan City last year and said hello. He's opened a window of opportunity for me that I'm pretty excited about.

Oh...and my only other association with him was positive to the extreme. When my friend Brian (Straight Jacket) was killed last fall, Chris contacted me about getting a picture to him that would be displayed at the Serious party in KW in a place of honor on the bar. He then sent a pic of that to Brian's dad. IMO...that's pretty classy.

And that's good OSD, cuz I get thirsty.
The only opportunity you are opening up is for you to be dictated to, lied to, deceived, and used.

I remember when Steve sold OSO. He said he saw an opportunity to take the forum to the next level. The next level he was talking about IMO was the elimination of bias and one person control (i.e. dictatorship). To eliminate the "in" crowds and welcome all boaters with open arms. Yeah the bully's will still hang around, but they have no clout with IB. That is a good thing. IB may not be offshore boaters, but they are unbiased. That is a feature that some could never get over. They are in the business of running a website. They are not in the business of promoting industry leaders, picking sides, or playing junior dick tracy. They run the website, the boaters as a community control the content. On OSO every member is just one out of 45,000. We are all equals.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me I logged out and will never return. In my opinion he is a schmoozer looking to just make some coin in the indusrty. I could care less what boats hes owned, but to stake claims and then never prove them losses all of MY respect. Wether you call it a pretend or a lie I will never contribute to such a person. Until then I will be tweaking on my new 1350's
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Like I stated at the top of this post,close working relationships are based on MUTUAL TRUST. No possible way could I trust someone who allowed my character and integrity to be assinated ......

Gee that sounds so familiar... and yet.... nobody understood it when I walked away over a year ago
Old 04-29-2010, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I have a brilliant idea! Why dont we start a 6th thread on this linking all the other threads together! Im typing fast before the padlock is thrown on this thread..........

then why do you feel the need to click on them and comment? you are the one that looks foolish, people want answers we give them, nothing more and nothing less. Many people feel cheated in one way or another, and this allows them a chance to ask and have the questions answered without fear of retribution.

If you are under the delusion that he was somehow going to bring boat building back to Bucyrus, you are surely mistaken. Living there you should know better than most , come on look around.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 04-29-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

teambaja, please don't take my above post as offensive, if that indeed is the case, then he led you and the ex-baja employess down a road of lies and deceit as well..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.