Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!! >

Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

Notices

Velocity320 is a RIPOFF!!!!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
So he gets sold defective parts but it's his fault? Really?

Say he checks them out the next day instead of 6 months later and they're defective...then the deal is no good?

Come on...if the seller didn't check the parts before selling then he should state that the parts are buyer beware since he has no idea as to their condition. I wouldn't and haven't sold defective parts and most here would do the same.

He bought them six months ago. I think in that swap thread he even stated that he bought them on ebay and didn't use them. They aren't "defective"......they are used and have a problem. I bet the seller would be easier to work with if it was within a week or so, but it's been six months!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
How did you get phucked? You bought used manifolds and paid a used price for them! IMO, if you didn't check them out then you phucked yourself.
+ 1. If I was going to use used manifolds on a new motor build I would have inspected them as soon as I received them and had them pressure tested. In fact, I would have indicated to the seller that I was going to have them tested and made sure he agreed up front to take them back in the event they were not as advertised. Now, this doesn't necessarily protect you from getting screwed but at least you have better documentation on the transaction. As the seller, I too would be weary of someone coming back on me 6 months after selling a used item. Again, this assumes he sold them in good faith. It was in your best interest to have inspected the manifolds as soon as you received them.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
+ 1. If I was going to use used manifolds on a new motor build I would have inspected them as soon as I received them and had them pressure tested. In fact, I would have indicated to the seller that I was going to have them tested and made sure he agreed up front to take them back in the event they were not as advertised. Now, this doesn't necessarily protect you from getting screwed but at least you have better documentation on the transaction. As the seller, I too would be weary of someone coming back on me 6 months after selling a used item. Again, this assumes he sold them in good faith. It was in your best interest to have inspected the manifolds as soon as you received them.
I agree
Old 12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Too long a time period after the sale, regardless of any "reputable" whatever vouching that the exhausts weren't used. I will refund money for these type sales within a set time period agreed upon via email except for the shipping. After that I must assume the part was installed and used. The exhausts may have been misrepresented by the seller but not necessarily deliberately. The buyer may be a "stand up guy" but how is the seller to know that? Regardless I believe it's the purchasers responsibility to check the purchased equipment within a reasonable time frame. Come on man!!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Too long a time period after the sale, regardless of any "reputable" whatever vouching that the exhausts weren't used. I will refund money for these type sales within a set time period agreed upon via email except for the shipping. After that I must assume the part was installed and used. The exhausts may have been misrepresented by the seller but not necessarily deliberately. The buyer may be a "stand up guy" but how is the seller to know that? Regardless I believe it's the purchasers responsibility to check the purchased equipment within a reasonable time frame. Come on man!!
+1
Old 12-02-2011, 03:28 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GB
+1
+2

I've learned my lesson on used parts, check them out AS SOON as you get them. I wouldn't refund your money 6 mos. later on the word of the pope. I don't know him. Who's to say you didn't use them for those mos?

As for using used parts on brand new engines, I learned my lesson there too. Built 2 new 540's and installed the CMI's that where fine the end of last season. One had an internal leak and hurt the one engine right away. From now on, any time the headers come off they get pressure tested before going back on. Cheap test, expensive fix.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
He bought them six months ago. I think in that swap thread he even stated that he bought them on ebay and didn't use them. They aren't "defective"......they are used and have a problem. I bet the seller would be easier to work with if it was within a week or so, but it's been six months!
I agree with you for once. I mean people are saying the seller should have inspected them, but what if the seller wasnt a techincal expert on that part? I mean as far as the seller knows he bought them thinking they were working or they were working when he took them off. Cant blame him.

Its really kind of stupid to buy something and not even open the box up. It would have been one thing if you bought them opened the box and installed them within a week and wanted to try to reconcile with the seller. But even then once a used item is for sale its final. Ive bought and sold things and its always been at the buyers risk. Once it leaves my possesion I have no clue what you did with it. It would be one thing if you bought a from a dealer or junk yard and was a certified part.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I feel you pain I to made the mistake of buying used exhaust that was just removed fromt he guys Fountain! Yeah removed because they were junk! After costly modifacations during the intall removing my silent choice and two engine milksahakes I had to buy new manifolds and risers after all. Turned out they had a crack in the water jacket It was about a $4000.00 lesson when all was said and done. I will never buy used anything again!!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered

I bought a set of "used" motors in parts from a very reputable engine builder and let them sit for 5 months till I opened up the crate. Complete garbage with almost nothing worth anything. Didnt even dare complain as I had waited that long. Very expensive lesson learned

NK
Old 12-04-2011, 02:04 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You can't return brand new unused stuff to places after 6 months. No way the seller should be responsible for returning your money after 6 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.