Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Boating Safety
Booze and Boats - Is the Marraige on the Rocks? >

Booze and Boats - Is the Marraige on the Rocks?

Notices

Booze and Boats - Is the Marraige on the Rocks?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ok

Each to his own !
Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
I definitely see some ridiculous wasted people driving who shouldn't be. But I do like having a few beers over the course of the day and that should be okay.
A few beers over the course of the day got a guy convicted up here in Maine after he allegedly ran over a boat later that night. The accident received lots of media play because it was a 32' boat supposedly running over a 16' boat, but as soon as alcohol became involved, it fanned the flames of hatred toward the owner of the bigger, performance-style boat. Skip the beers until you're done for the day.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Registered

Default Helly Yeah 0% Booze

Originally Posted by E Colby
A few beers over the course of the day got a guy convicted up here in Maine after he allegedly ran over a boat later that night. The accident received lots of media play because it was a 32' boat supposedly running over a 16' boat, but as soon as alcohol became involved, it fanned the flames of hatred toward the owner of the bigger, performance-style boat. Skip the beers until you're done for the day.
There was a member that quoted that a few beers during the course of the day is ok. NO NO NO NO NO! I am so on the same page with this guys blog right here.
All it takes is some small amount of booze to affect judgement cordination and toss in the heat and dehidration and you have a performance boat on top of that! And you have a perfect cocktail pun intendend for a disaster.
Wait untill your done boating then go ahead a pop a top!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
As an owner of three boats I never drive drunk because I don't ever drink while boating. My crew may, but not me.

You comments please.

100% agree. Boats and Booze on the water just don't mix. In my case that goes for passengers as well. I just do not want to be responsible for something that could be avoided. Plenty of cocktail time left once you are hooked to the dock at the end of the day.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Just ran thru all the replys to this thread.

It's refreshing to know most on here feel that drinking and boating is not real cool.
Score one for the good guys!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Just ran thru all the replys to this thread.

It's refreshing to know most on here feel that drinking and boating is not real cool.
Score one for the good guys!!!
Years ago a guy and his freind and the freinds GF in utah had been really gettin hammered. About 2.00 in the morning get in the boat with the guys freind and the GF and took off in the total blacknes balls out accross the lake. He hit the shore on the other side full throttle both his freind and I beleive the GF and him got thrown out both the freind and I think the GF got killed. The owner survived got arrested and tried and went to prision! I never did see the follow up to see how much time he got. I think he was going 50 plus when they hit the dirt! It was such hard impact I can't remember how many feet they got thrown out of the boat but it was a lot! He has to live with that for the rest of his life!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

When I started boating(20+) yrs ago not having a drink in your hand just was'nt done. But in the years since I have noticed the coolers are smaller & the captains are paying more attention to whats going on on their craft. I cant say I never drove drunk cause I would be lying through my teeth. I have grown up quite a bit with the faster boats that I own. Even a sober driver hitting a wake while someone is moving around in the cockpit can cause a disaster. My rule is if the boat is under power everyone is sitting in the boat not on the deck or sunpad. No conforming to my rules & you get a free ride to the nearest dock! PERIOD
Old 08-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
100% agree. Boats and Booze on the water just don't mix. In my case that goes for passengers as well. I just do not want to be responsible for something that could be avoided. Plenty of cocktail time left once you are hooked to the dock at the end of the day.
Haven't broken that rule all year!!! And have had a great time out every time. I love boating, and the other thing about not drinking is I can remember everything. And remind the others what THEY did later!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
Haven't broken that rule all year!!! And have had a great time out every time. I love boating, and the other thing about not drinking is I can remember everything. And remind the others what THEY did later!
And you can put there drunken ass on U-Tube also! See what you did back in Sept 2011?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:12 AM

My .02 cents: Normally its not the people @ .08 causing issues. I have seen alot of people get totally slammed just because your out on the water. For me i dont drink much on the water for one because its a felony in my state if a minor is on board & its dangerous enough avoiding alot of captains that have no clue how to properly drive a boat. I have been flipped off plenty by cutting people off when they are heading towards a little kid that fell out of a tube & his boat hasnt spun around to get him yet. The gene pool is getting worse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.