Notices

Winter Project Progress

Old 05-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Winter Project Progress

Originally Posted by inbetween
That's WOW because it looks great!
We're going to start sanding tonight. Can't buff until all the clear is on and we still need to do the deck and cockpit. And I thought boating was fun Stop by we'll probably be there.
I was only joking about how much work is left to do, but there are days we are saying "wow, we still have a lot to do."

We have the bow almost all sanded down and the other side is almost completely sanded down. We have two small areas that have to be repainted/cleared but that will take us a few hours. We hope to be done buffing the entire thing by May 22.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rastinger
I was only joking about how much work is left to do, but there are days we are saying "wow, we still have a lot to do."

We have the bow almost all sanded down and the other side is almost completely sanded down. We have two small areas that have to be repainted/cleared but that will take us a few hours. We hope to be done buffing the entire thing by May 22.
Sanding is a pain!!! We had no idea what we were in for when we thought repainting the boat by ourselves was a good idea. This is going to be worth all the effort though. I think these boats are going to turn some heads!
Old 05-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by inbetween
Sanding is a pain!!! We had no idea what we were in for when we thought repainting the boat by ourselves was a good idea. This is going to be worth all the effort though. I think these boats are going to turn some heads!
You're right, sanding is a pain!!! And here I thought the prep work was the hardest!

Thank God Eddie is going to start buffing the boat while Rob is at work this morning (do you notice how Eddie's name is everywhere on this board??? How do you repay someone like that? He doesn't even think twice about it while we're trying to figure out how to thank him). We'll get over there early this afternoon and hopefully the other side will be done and the bow by the time we leave tonight.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:32 AM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rastinger
(do you notice how Eddie's name is everywhere on this board??? How do you repay someone like that? He doesn't even think twice about it while we're trying to figure out how to thank him).
Beth and I are trying to figure this out also. We need to do something for him, but what? He just does this stuff because he loves it!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How was the spaghetti dinner? Heard everyone had a blast. Talk to you soon.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
How was the spaghetti dinner? Heard everyone had a blast. Talk to you soon.
The food was good and the turnout was great! Almost everyone had a good time

We'll catch up this weekend. Just got back from Florida last night. I leave Orlando and it's 85 and sunny and land in cloudy, cool rain. Why oh why do we continue to live here???
Old 05-25-2005, 07:37 AM
Registered

Finally finished sanding and buffing the outstide of the boat. Even has it's first coat of glazing on it! Started putting cleats, lights, etc. back on her. Have one side inside the cockpit left to sand and buff but that will be nothing.

Suppose to have gauge plates back on Friday and will take the holiday weekend to finish them (isn't like it will be boating weather here anyway).

Keeping our fingers crossed that we can launch her the first weekend in June.

Will try and have pics next week.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Registered

I'm waaaiiiitiiiiiinnng. It's the weekend. I hope you are not having anxiety attacks. To make me get through long refits, I would pretned to be jumping into the water as I came off the boat. Try it it's fun.

Jump of the swim platform and go "spluuussh" as you hit the ground.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VI Mike
I'm waaaiiiitiiiiiinnng. It's the weekend. I hope you are not having anxiety attacks. To make me get through long refits, I would pretned to be jumping into the water as I came off the boat. Try it it's fun.

Jump of the swim platform and go "spluuussh" as you hit the ground.
Mike, if we had a swim platform I would......jumping off the back of the transom onto the concrete is something I'd be afraid to do LOL!

Things are slower than we want them to be, but we're shooting for the week of June 11 to be in. That might be optimistic and June 18 may be more realistic. Depends on how much time Rob is able to work on the boat in the evevnings when he's not working.

Thank God for our friends. While Rob has been working and even a few hours when he hasn't, we have been invited to join them on their boats
Old 06-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Registered

Keep punching! Maybe you nca get some water time on a friends boat? Just for a little fix?

Quick Reply: Winter Project Progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.