Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers >

Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Notices

Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by priceb
Did I read that wrong?...very late night. Yep, sorry think I did, Chris can you please write more about your legs and engines.

Are the engines new or are they rebuilds? Also, what type of block and who is building them and what are they costing. Same with the legs.

My engines are dart 509s producing 650hp. Both are out and have been pulled apart. I am just waiting for the quote for rebuilds. Apparently I will need new pistons too. This sucks because its summer here and the chicks are in bikinis and I have no boat.
The Konrad drives with gimbals are about $20K for the pair, plust the charges for the upgrades.

Engines are 482" GM Mark VI blocks with 1/4" stroker cranks. BDS 8-71 blowers. Clay Smith hydraulic rollers (about the same cam as the Crane 741) Haven't made a final decision about the heads- I was going to use the iron heads with some porting but will probably pop for the aluminums- not sure which one. Pistons are custom Wiseco's. I think the aluminum heads are a better choice than the chillers- for this year. Engines started out as GM HO 454 crate motors. No idea on costs- I'm avoiding adding everything up. It's all DIY. it;s not the individual parts costs that hurt, it's all the ancillary stuff. you add up your engine parts and it doesn't look so bad, then you add in a ton of seemingly small things- new fuel pumps, new plumbing, machine work, parts powdercoating, hardware, sending units and on and on and on. By the time you're done the little $hit ends up bein 1/3rd to 1/2 the total bill.

That sucks being summer and no boat. As they say, any problem you can solve with a check isn't truly a problem.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few pictures of the F2 hatch look at the bulkhead location and how the rear bolsters have been moved forward.
The F2 boat has a one of a kind hatch that Lip-Ship made from a staggered engine boat.
I like the longer hatch also but was not willing to give up the cockpit area. I do not care for the way the hatch hangs over the bulkhead.
The F2/Lucky Strike boat is one of my favorives. I tried to copy the hatch as close as possible without loosing the cockpit area.

Dave it was good seeing you in KW, sounds like you are staying busy.
Attached Thumbnails Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-img_4867.jpg   Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-top-gunf2-27.jpg   Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-img_3940.jpg  

Old 01-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks, yes staying busy this winter. I actually have Rockys old 38Scarab in the shop right now. getting everything, stringers/transom/bulkheads/cockpit even re doing all the graphics (keeping it the original Nasty theme). I'm sure he will be happy to see it preserved, its truly a great classic. motors go back in next week.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Dnebo, thanks for the pics.

So you are saying that the F2 hatch hangs over the bulkhead buy 12 inches...so the there is a gap between the hatch and the seats?

Also, in the lucky strike pic, there is a cover over the area between the hatch and the front seats. Do you know anything about that.

Dnebo, will you be doing an extended version of your hatch?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

I just enlarged the pic on the left, yep you are right there is a gap there. Is that a second bulkhead? Does it go to the floor?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

Name:  fatboy cig.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  9.6 KB

I was just looking at fatboy. I think this is a 35 cig if i'm correct? Anyway, is this hatch a f2? Also, if I look carefully at the back seats they seemed to be pushed right up to the front seat with the same cover as the Lucky strike F2 over the backseat area.

So do the backseats get pushed forward and a cover goes over the area?

Anyone know how this works?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered

sht. can't upload it.

if you look at the fatboy post in the cig forum there is a guy standing on the deck of fat boy. If you look at his cockpit area it is the same as luckystrikes, but smaller.

I want my cig to look like lucky strikes!.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Dnebo, thanks for the pics.

So you are saying that the F2 hatch hangs over the bulkhead buy 12 inches...so the there is a gap between the hatch and the seats?
YES

Also, in the lucky strike pic, there is a cover over the area between the hatch and the front seats. Do you know anything about that.
That piece was not attached to the engine hatch. It was a board covered in vinyl I belive

Dnebo, will you be doing an extended version of your hatch?

I have no big plans to do an extended hatch. It does not fit the boat without hanging over the bulkhead There is no market for this hatch. A one off hatch would be cheeper to call Lip-Ship and have him try and get you one. I would expect to spend near $15,000.00

I just enlarged the pic on the left, yep you are right there is a gap there. Is that a second bulkhead? Does it go to the floor?

It is not a second bulkhead, just the back of the seat.
I do not belive it goes to the floor.

Attachment 318207

I was just looking at fatboy. I think this is a 35 cig if i'm correct? Anyway, is this hatch a f2? Also, if I look carefully at the back seats they seemed to be pushed right up to the front seat with the same cover as the Lucky strike F2 over the backseat area.

So do the backseats get pushed forward and a cover goes over the area?

Anyone know how this works?
Fat Boy is a 38 Top Gun staggered engine boat

sht. can't upload it.

if you look at the fatboy post in the cig forum there is a guy standing on the deck of fat boy. If you look at his cockpit area it is the same as luckystrikes, but smaller.

I want my cig to look like lucky strikes!.
The peice the guy is standing on is attached to the hatch.
The lucky strike boat is the same hatch with this peice cut off.

We all want our boats to look like Lucky Strikes boat.
How much money do we want to spend. It is only money.

Picture #3 is the hatch I bought and made the changes to to make the hatch on my boat. I modified the hatch and then made a mold.
Attached Thumbnails Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-carl%2520at%2520dock%2520%2528from%2520rear%2529.jpg   Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-100_0835.jpg   Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-img_8954%2520%2528large%2529.jpg  

Last edited by dnebo; 01-06-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered

We all want our boats to look like Lucky Strikes boat.
How much money do we want to spend. It is only money.[/QUOTE]

Ha!. Yep you are right. I"m on aussie dollars too! yikes
Old 01-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Hey Dnebo,

Is the hatch on the left (the white cig) is that your hatch? also, in that pic are the back seats right on the back of the front seats?

Quick Reply: Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.