Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Notices

Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Just curious,

Can you still buy the engine hatch style covers like Ajac Hawks? If so how much would they be?

Also, was the dash on the 38 flat deck the same distance from the bow as the 38 top gun?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by priceb
Just curious,

Can you still buy the engine hatch style covers like Ajac Hawks? If so how much would they be?

Also, was the dash on the 38 flat deck the same distance from the bow as the 38 top gun?
They haven't produced that model since 1987 and the factory has moved since then, so it is doubtful that the molds still exist. Not all of those hatches were fiberglass though, the old 'Satin Doll' 38' race/pleasure had aluminum hatches. I'm sure of that because I touched up the paint after a crack was heli-arc'd. So if you know a good welder and don't mind aluminum, there is an option.

I believe the Top Gun is farther forward. Chris Sunkin (or Ed Cozzi for sure) probably can weigh in to confirm or dispel my thought.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you talking about flat-deck blower hatches for s/s motors? I believe someone has a mold.

I have seen them made in aluminum and it wouldn't be hard. They would be noisy though. Glassdave could fabricate you a set. They're really basic- all flat surfaces. Most likely could be made from panels.

I just noticed Australia as your location. Find a fiberglass fabricator and have them made there. The freight from here woiuld be painful. If you need pics, alot of us could help. I have them on my 35.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:13 PM

These?

This is a 35.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Are you talking about flat-deck blower hatches for s/s motors? I believe someone has a mold.

I have seen them made in aluminum and it wouldn't be hard. They would be noisy though. Glassdave could fabricate you a set. They're really basic- all flat surfaces. Most likely could be made from panels.

I just noticed Australia as your location. Find a fiberglass fabricator and have them made there. The freight from here woiuld be painful. If you need pics, alot of us could help. I have them on my 35.
Hi Chris,

Yes, these hatches in the picture are the ones i'm talking about, but my boat is a cig top gun 89 38ft. Ajac Hawk was also done in a 38. I am going to race my cig this year and I think it still looks cool with that hatch design (maybe my tastes are 30 years out of date!!!!....at least my music is!).

I currently have the flat padded cig engine cover with the logo on it. My engines are carbs, not supercharged

Can you post some pics of your boat please? Would love to see it.

Freight from the usa is a killer (the cig cost 30k to freight here)...however fiberglasses here charge heaps so I don't think I can win either way.

There was a picture from Lucky strike on here with his new cig racing with the engine covers that glassdave has and they don't look too bad. Actually I will post the picture on here ...between the hatch and the back seats there is a cover and I was wondering if anyone knows how it was done or what it was done with.

Regards,

Brent
Old 01-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered

Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-lucky-strike.jpg
Old 01-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

The picture above is the hatch style I can buy from glassdave for 4000.00 usd. With the back seats blocked off like the above picture it looks pretty cool.

Does anyone have info on how that was done or with pictures showing the exact way the gap was blocked off?

Pretty cool boat hey?!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Registered

The hatch in the picture is longer then the hatch dave will make. It extends about 12" further forward then the bulkhead.
Making the the cockpit area smaller.
The hatch in the picture is a cut down hatch from a staggered engine boat.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

The best looking hatch is the one dnebo made for his boat...It is a piece of artwork.......If ya want one i would contact him.......

Check this thread for more pics...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...light=lip+ship
Attached Thumbnails Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-dscn1471.jpg  

Last edited by nocigarette; 01-05-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:22 PM

Not many pics yet. Boat is a minor project- I just picked it up last month. Purple is coming off. It goes to glassdave next week for deck refinishing. Konrads are on the way and engines will be 540's with 8-71's
Attached Thumbnails Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers-abc3_1.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (01-29-2022)

Quick Reply: Ajac Hawk Engine Hatch covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.