Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Gladiater big water ??? >

Gladiater big water ???

Notices

Gladiater big water ???

Old 03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disagree, and I have owned both at the same time. Sitting down is hot, the visibility at speed is not as good, and the hits are transferred right to your spine. I would compensate by pushing with my feet into the foot well and slide my back up into the seat about 6 inches off the seat and let it work like a shock. I have run my Glad in 5-6 footers with lifeline, helmet and a maniac on the sticks.... we hit so hard I got a bloody nose. The big hits were on getting up to speed and coming down from speed, at full tilt it was classic cig.

My gun enjoys a more comfortable and cooler stance, visibility is far better at speed, and the hits are easily absorbed. Given the choice I will take the gun any day over the Glad. The rub rail issue was never a concern.

Brett
Attached Thumbnails Gladiater big water ???-dsc01293.jpg   Gladiater big water ???-dsc01521.jpg  
Old 03-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We were in my brothers 1987 Top Gun coming back from NYC to Pt. Pleasant in the Ocean off NJ driving with a 04 Gladiator in 4-6 ft seas for about 45 miles rocken n rolling, and i kept asking how can they take it sitting down ???? well the driver ended up in the hosp. and than he sold the boat, i hope that answer your question. I would rather stand, esp that w elive in New Jersey
Old 03-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I like the sit down boats and have hurt myself more standing than sitting. A lot of it depends on the way the seats are set and how you run each boat. Both my Kryptonite and now my Comp. have angled seats to absorb the shock so you are not transferring the hit straight up your spine. I don't know how the Gladiator seats are. I find too that when running a sit down boat it is better to run it flatter in the rough stuff, not airing it as much, and slice the way a V is supposed to. It slows the average speed but keeps it running true and keeps the boat from getting the big air (works on rough and big, not huge water). Actually many times I have gone faster by going slower.
I have been in my share of Guns and other 38+' stand up boats and I will take my sit down Comp any day of the week.
Those who have seen my Kryptonite run know I used to run with the big boys in some pretty rough stuff and not only kept up but finished the day feeling great!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I like the sit down boats and have hurt myself more standing than sitting. A lot of it depends on the way the seats are set and how you run each boat. Both my Kryptonite and now my Comp. have angled seats to absorb the shock so you are not transferring the hit straight up your spine. I don't know how the Gladiator seats are. I find too that when running a sit down boat it is better to run it flatter in the rough stuff, not airing it as much, and slice the way a V is supposed to. It slows the average speed but keeps it running true and keeps the boat from getting the big air (works on rough and big, not huge water). Actually many times I have gone faster by going slower.
I have been in my share of Guns and other 38+' stand up boats and I will take my sit down Comp any day of the week.
Those who have seen my Kryptonite run know I used to run with the big boys in some pretty rough stuff and not only kept up but finished the day feeling great!

i dont think you're aloud in our section.. you better leave before someone smacks you around....
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by otis311
LMAO. Show me the $$$$$
how bout if i show you my ass.....
Old 03-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Let me put it to you this way. Phil is building himself a Cig to play with and to do poker runs with. As you know, he can have any Cig he wants and is going with a Gladiator with 700,s. What does that tell you?
sweet!!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
Let me put it to you this way. Phil is building himself a Cig to play with and to do poker runs with. As you know, he can have any Cig he wants and is going with a Gladiator with 700,s. What does that tell you?
it tells me you would touch phils dirty place if hed let you....

i dont have too much time in a glad, but i love the time i have spent.. its a different ride, very relaxing.. standing feels right, but just seems like more work... sitting down felt very strange in the begining....
Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
it tells me you would touch phils dirty place if hed let you....

i dont have too much time in a glad, but i love the time i have spent.. its a different ride, very relaxing.. standing feels right, but just seems like more work... sitting down felt very strange in the begining....
so you like sitting down now.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yesrej
so you like sitting down now.
well with all the seat time in the amt, and the few times ive been in a glad yeah i do.. just seems more relaxing.....
Old 03-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you guys are nuts, you cannot compare a glad to a new top gun 39' or even a same yr glad vs top gun 38... a gun will eat a glad up all day,

ive been in both, and i am not sit or stand biased, but the top gun has the glad all day long

p.s. otis you cannot compare your 1993 gun to a 2003 glad with your above "ive owned both" statement.......... although its true that you have owned both, you cant compare a 1993 gun to a 2003 glad, your not comparing apples with apples

Quick Reply: Gladiater big water ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.