Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Let's add it up
$5k for transoms ass.
$8k for drives
$3k for tabs
$2k poos. motor work
$? transporting back
So that puts you at roughly $18k plus transport add that to the $25k you are willing to payplus labor if you have some one do the work and you are right at the price of Seans boat with new XR drives and new 496's with freash water cling plus a trailer.
Well put... plus mine's right on Long Island.

This is the second boat I've redone including the 28SS "OSO Bicycle" Figure to spend twice what you've budgeted... and I do alot of the stuff myself...I leave the heavy lifting to the professionals at Falcon Hi Performance.

Sick Stinger...if you are serious about a Cafe, you should have a look at my boat...for about 25k more than that boat on the west coast you could have a turnkey fresh water cooled Cafe that will run 70mph. Wanna go faster? add some whipples... wanna more updated look? add graphics....

you'll spend less on my boat to get ALOT more...

516 455 1200
Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean
Well put... plus mine's right on Long Island.

This is the second boat I've redone including the 28SS "OSO Bicycle" Figure to spend twice what you've budgeted... and I do alot of the stuff myself...I leave the heavy lifting to the professionals at Falcon Hi Performance.

Sick Stinger...if you are serious about a Cafe, you should have a look at my boat...for about 25k more than that boat on the west coast you could have a turnkey fresh water cooled Cafe that will run 70mph. Wanna go faster? add some whipples... wanna more updated look? add graphics....

you'll spend less on my boat to get ALOT more...

516 455 1200
You are 100% correct . I have restored several boats and always spend way more than I can get for them.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EWPE
You are 100% correct . I have restored several boats and always spend way more than I can get for them.
That is why you buy one already re-done. Let them eat the expense......
Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Agreeded sean but the only thing is starting off with 496's. But if i was to redo the other one i could do exaclly what i want. With yours if i wanted grafics, whipples there a pretty penny along with its a few years older. This on eis a 95 i believe your is 88 89?
-Mike
Old 06-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigsbetter
. This ones a Li'l big.
They all feel too big until you get use to them. When I first got behind the wheel of my Cafe I thought it was Massive. Doesn't seem like that now. When I first hooked it up to the trailer, I thought to myself "how could anyonne feel comfortable towing anything bigger", but you get SO used to it SO fast.....
Old 06-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Agreeded sean but the only thing is starting off with 496's. But if i was to redo the other one i could do exaclly what i want. With yours if i wanted grafics, whipples there a pretty penny along with its a few years older. This on eis a 95 i believe your is 88 89?
-Mike
I have to say I would rather have the Merc closed water cooled motors then those gm crate motors that need work. Add a set of headers and add an easy 25 hp. or go with the Raylar update to 525hp. The hull has not changed from 86 to 95, he only difference is Sean boat did not sit in the water for months. I have a 93 and have put crazy money into this thing and I am going to have it painted this winter because I just can't bring myself to give it away to someone else for pennies on the dollar. In my opinion Sean is willing to do that....his loss will be someones gain. Cafe's are big heavy boats and it takes some power and set up to make them run fast, but they will run in 3-4 footers at their max speed. I personally would never buy a project boat because what you see with problems is only scratching the surface.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
-Mike
The choice is yours, but to view Sean's Cafe as 87 vs. 95 is doing it an injustice IMO.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MIKE THIS IS A 95 buy it DO THE WORK AND OWN IT FOR HALF PRICE.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by rivercig
MIKE THIS IS A 95 buy it DO THE WORK AND OWN IT FOR HALF PRICE.
Eventhough I posted before negatively, If your up to the work, and are willing to spend what it takes to raise it to the level that your happy with, GO FOR IT!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks guys i def. am williing to go for it. But also what abou the resale of it. Some one seeing a 95 or an 89 id say they would want the newer one i sure would think that way. Plus everything would be 09' or so and fresh. Plus they are 502 gm your run of the mill stuff that a 2 year old could work on and great reliability. Plus i would plan on x or xr's and 38K planes. So the boat would be set to rock. and if it does have a valve problem get a set of AFR head for both motors and add another 75H.P. or so.
-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.