Is Sutphen the better boat >

Is Sutphen the better boat

Notices

Is Sutphen the better boat

Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
There are ALWAYS going to be people that come into the Cigarette forum, & hate on their product.

Yet, there will NEVER be a more popular boat out there than a Cigarette, because of their continued ability to build strong, stylish, sexy, fast boats that THEIR customers want.

A few might migrate to Sutphen, or OL, occassionally, but the vast majority of boaters consider Cigarette the all around best Vee bottom available for their tastes.

Cigarette has earned that reputation over MANY more years of hard work, than todays flavor of the week have been around to accumulate. Whether or not a boat has, or does not have, a full sized master bathroom & kitchen, is irrelevant to most high performance boaters. Those creature comforts don't make a boat better than another, just by having an option that has nothing to do with the boats ability to perform.

From what I've seen, most performance boaters want their boat to:

Look sexy.
Run fast.
Be easy to operate.
Perform & hold together well in all water conditions.
Have some variation of a cabin.
Look sexy

You may have the best quality boat ever assembled, but if it's ugly, you won't sell many. There are also good looking boats out there, with half-assed build quality, that sell well.

It's generally all about the lines to most in the end. People will deal with not having all of the rest, as long as their boat excites them every time they see, or use it.

I have to say 99% of you cigarette owners responded with total class on this topic.

I am both amazed and impressed.

I totally take back my Cigarette cockiness comment!
I will eat crow on that one.

However as far as coming into the cigarette forum to talk smack, I must say that A cig Owner came into the Sutphen forum to talk smack and that is what started the whole NE thread getting out of control (this time)LOL

Its OK though we Sutphen owners are pretty secure in our boats so we didnt really mind. We were just playing me and Sickstinger. It was an insde joke kind of a thing.

Cigs are good boats and I do like their lines. Its not my No1 but thats OK yours pobably isnt sutphen or youd own one.

We can honestly all appreciate eachothers ride I am sure.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't we all just get along. Bottom line everyone can say this and that what seperates them is when there running. I've been impressed in several brands in one way or another.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Hay, easy on the PP comments.... Not everyone is here starting trouble. Actually PP and Cig have (to me) the same South Fl lines that I love (and good build quality, rough water ride, etc....).

As to Breitling being the best, see point below!

Exactly. My Breitling is great as far as holding up to abuse, but after 7 years it doesn't keep time for chit, even with a winder at night. Needs a tune-up, to the tune of $500, ouch.
I agree with both counts 100%
Old 09-14-2010, 11:13 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I think all performance's boat have thier good and bad point's, I prefer Cigarette's, and I have the boat and Cigarette watch to prove it lol!! It is just great to get out on the water with everyone and enjoy our boat's together!!

Last edited by WMF; 09-15-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
That directed at me tank? Cause I never said anything about someones personal boat.
No, you only talk smack about cigarette in general...true to form...and to answer your question; if the shoe fits...

By the way, how's your search for a lip ship gladiator going??
Old 09-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
No, you only talk smack about cigarette in general...true to form...and to answer your question; if the shoe fits...

By the way, how's your search for a lip ship gladiator going??
Was only an idea...sticking with a cat.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

30Sutphen typed it very well, all boaters should be able to be happy and suppotive of their brands...

Its fun to read smart people discuss their boats, cant be said for some other threads and boats on this site...