Is Sutphen the better boat

Notices

Is Sutphen the better boat

Old 09-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Is Sutphen the better boat

Okay we where having this heated debate in another thread so I would like to hear from all of you. Know don't get me wrong I have always thought Sutphen was a great boat but this was getting interesting.

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I will put the constuction and fit and finish of any old sutphen up against any flat bottom cigarette. Have you owned and been on multiple boats of both kind?? The Sutphen is light weight because its built correctly and doesnt need all the crap Cig threw in the boat. I love Cigarette's but a Sutphen is much much faster boat, built and rigged better, and can hang with a Cigarette in the rough any day. There's plenty of Sutphens around. The owners just hang on to them forever because its such a good boat. Why dont you bring your boat on a poker run and well see where you end up!! A flat bottom Cigarette has never been ahead of me at any poker run!!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Default more

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Good choice on the Outerlimits. The bottom designs and construction techniques make Cigarette (modern day 2010) look like they're still from the stone age. No offense cause they build and rig a great boat but they need to come to reality the technology has advanced quite a bit since 1980.
More
Old 09-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

QUOTE=fountain40icbm;3205728]Every Sutphen was hand built. There were more Sutphen's in the northeast than there were Cigarette's in the 80's. Sutphen actually has more racing world and national championships so why is Cigarette #1?? I like Cigs just as much as the next guy but they are not the best of the best. We have owned Cigarette's and our Gladiator was one of the best boats we owned. Cigarette doesnt go above and beyond the comp in really any way. They do everything really well but nothing alot better than the rest. They have you brain washed!![/QUOTE]
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Man you guys just have to keep throwing more power at your boats to be happy with them.

I have 2 measley 300"x on my boat and I am very happy with it. Christ thats just about a fishing boat. Does everything well though.
I guess you guys need to be up against something with comparable HP, so Jimmy knowles sutphen with tripple 300x's would be a good match, That's only 900 HP I am sure you guys are running at least that.

Whats he running about 96 MPH these days?
more
Old 09-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would be happy to run in front of him at any poker run in a 92 38 tg. any water any speed any time. 100+. dont get me wrong, i'm not saying a negative word about his sutphin. just saying i wont have a problem running at the front.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Well I could see why you would think it was being towed.

I mean being a cig owner you realize thats the only way a cig could run those numbers.

However this is a sutphen we are talking about, so its under its own power and yes, IN THE WATER!

In fact theres video of it doing just that on you tube.

Now I know your used to that 65 MPH that most cigs run, and its hard to believe that with not much more HP a SUTPHEN can run that fast (96) but its true. Not only that, but it was done on 3 FISHIN MOTAS.

Thats OK we are still suprised a CIG could run tripple digits even on a trailer. With that Hull design you think that would be to rough for it>LOL
good reading
Old 09-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Frank My boat is in the sound every weekend?

I have seen you on the sound SEVERAL times. THere are less sutphens because they are CUSTOM MADE not mass produced!

each one is lovingly handled buy true craftsmen to be just about perfect in every way.

1/2 the cigarettes produced from 1970's to 1990's wouldnt run over 65 MPH. I see them getting spanked by jetskis all day long on the river! They are famous for being slow among jetskiers, a favorite target!

RXP's lay waste to them on a regular basis and thats a fact!

My boat is dead stock and it will walk a RXP all day long in any water and its a boat with OB's on it that was built 100% as a pleasure boat not a go fast boat. Its got seating for 8 for christ sake.LOL

Now if we are just speaking of how fast a boat is a cig is on the bottom. Lets face it ANY CAT will spank its AZZ all day long, so if speed is our only concern both our boats are getting walked like crazy.

Sick and I were just playing with eachother, but I told him at least one of the CIG guys would take this seriously and get his panties all in a bunch.LOL

I didnt think it'd be you of all people.

There are 50 other makes on this site and all have thier good and bad points. We mess with you CIG guys because you think you own the be all end all of performance boats and we find your cockiness funny.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I like cigarettes, but they are not the 10 steps above boats that CIG owners think they are.......

For the record SICK came into the SUTPHEN FORUMS throwing STONES we didnt get all cranky and *****y. We know were the best boat made.LOL
good huh?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
i would be happy to run in front of him at any poker run in a 92 38 tg. any water any speed any time. 100+. dont get me wrong, i'm not saying a negative word about his sutphin. just saying i wont have a problem running at the front.
I never said I always had my Sutphen. I have no doubt your 1000+hp TG should run ahead of me.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Don't forget that he's a kid, just ignore him.

Good grief.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep im a stupid 21 year old who doesnt know anything and Cigarette is the best boat built in the history of the world. I finally see the light.................have a nice day. I am not posting in this thread again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.