Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Now that's just a ton of knowledge!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll buy the blowers cheap from you...

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
FU%$@ you guys I`m going to put an EFI system on it and call it a day!!!!!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd like to comment regarding my lengthy, and boring previous post.

I hope nobody takes what im saying personal. I don't mean to sound arrogant in any way, and hope I didn't come off like that. There has been a lot of help from some of the local guys here in trying to get this project to fruitition. Everyone has good intentions, and want to see this boat run like a monster. The previous owner and his brother (KVOGT), have been more than helpful in getting things straightened out. They did a truly fantastic job rigging this beauty, and kudos to them for being there to assist. Most guys would be like "sold as is" and never answer a phone call. So I don't want anyone thinking based on these posts from Dan or I, the wrong way. Like anything, a boat like this just needs some "time" to get dialed in. It has some growing pains, but is slowly become one bad ass old flat deck!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 4,325 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Thumbs up

^^^ Absolutely! Kris has been more than helpful.. not even his boat.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve is that your boat??

If so VERY NICE buddy, the wife and I were checking it out. You must have been at lunch at the restaurant?

Its a 38 Flat deck..

The oil never really smelled of fuel even when the plugs were fouled out but better safe than sorry.. not sure why its over heating, I got some good hardware in there.

I can see in my strainers and one sucks all the water out of it immediately (leaner motor) while the other is about half way full, not sure what to make of that except that I enlarged the exit slits in the exhaust on that side so water is getting out faster? Water pressure is at 22psi so it probably has nothing to do with anything.

We`re on the right path, getting on plane is now a breeze, drives are new, no more oil leaks, its no longer a slug, I don`t wanna sell it anymore lol ... just needs some fine tuning and some love.
`m getting a good education on carbs fo sho! They were never my thing but I`ve got a good teacher

Heres the engine vid:

http://33outlaw.zenfolio.com/p13014502/e6dec698b
Yeah,
That was us parked behind you, we were trying out the new brew pub at Reef Point, food, not so good. Geez, our boat looks like your dingy in that picture, darn camera angle!
And now, bad to your regularly scheduled program on power valves!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Registered

^^^ Absolutely! Kris has been more than helpful.. not even his boat.
I think you should see if he will trade you heads up for his.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Registered

Alex, can I have "power valves and gauges for 300?"

So sitting here at work thinking about dans high oil temp readings. I noticed his oil temp gauges range from 100-250. All the other gauges I've seen for oil temp start at 140 and end at 300 or 320. Is it possible that he has senders for the mercury match style 140/320 gauge, when in fact he has 100-250 gauges? And if so, would that make the oil temp read high?

He has big plate coolers, good water psi . I've never seen a setup build oil temp on the gauge as quickly as his do. Mine with the merc oil stats takes miles to even start showin temp. Dans are showin temp shortly after getting on plane. Wondering if his oil temp Is fine and it's just a gauge /sender mismatch?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:48 AM
Registered

Also, ran into a issue once where the gauge had a bad ground. Oil temps read high. Not pegged but high. Fixed ground and all was good. Dan that's the engine that had funky things goin on with the oil psi gauge on that side?

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 07-31-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 AM
Registered

Dan I disconnected a ground for a demonstration for you. Take a look what the water temp gauge in my truck does when I turn the flashers on http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=TauNp8nR6uw
Old 07-31-2013, 04:42 PM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Video on post #1 is kinda scary, oil temp pegged, 1 point different AFR left/right bank, blower motor on Chicago gas in 12's and 13's.
Top end AFR looks good, mid-range way lean for gas around here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.