Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Why is this 38 Flat Deck selling so cheap?? >

Why is this 38 Flat Deck selling so cheap??

Notices

Why is this 38 Flat Deck selling so cheap??

Old 08-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

very messed up mess.....
Old 08-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I had to become a member here after it was brought to my attention that there are so many people engaged in conversation regarding my boat.
Yes I own the 1984 38 Flat Deck that is "so cheap"!!!!
Yes I bought it out of Ohio. It was never disclosed to me that it was under water at any time. It was obvious however that it had a rough life thus far. Now for anyone to state it was under water would be false unless they have documentation proving it. While we all hear stories much like the fisherman's tales, unless you have proof there is no reason to repeat a story.
I have in fact done serious work to this boat and it is NO LONGER the boat that you remember from Ohio. It has now had extensive exterior work done, brand new cuddy interior, hull sanded to primer, wrapped with the best vinyl on the market, complete timeous, newer drives and props and many misc. items fixed or replaced.
I appreciate everyone's concern about the boat and there have been many stipulations regarding the boat. If anyone has a question or would like to see the boat in person, feel free to contact me directly. I'm not a dealer, I'm not a boat expert, I just love the classic line of a cigarette and couldn't stand for this one to be left by the wayside.
As for those questioning price..... The boat is listed for 22500, not 30k!!! That is an asking price and I am open to offers. I don't need your low ball offers or smart comments. If you are interested feel free to contact me.
In regards to eBay listing, someone won the auction and has yet to return emails. So I resisted it! Unfortunately there are scam bidders.
Again I would like to thank everyone for the interest in my boat. It has been named "on the balls of a bastard rat" as it seems to be the bastard son that every hates.
My apologies if I have offended anyone.
Happy boating my friends!!!!
Old 08-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Great post and class. Good luck with the sale and your next bastard. We've all had them!
Old 08-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

It's just brought truth really. As for the sinking ect I agree it should be Justified , but with the odd exhaust possibly 420 maybe cyclone motors I'm not really positive no hydraulic steering over all dated trs boat in parts, where a boat is worth most, it's 10k break even. It's just the truth. Good luck
Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Registered

Thank you JD
Old 08-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

Sick, thank you for you input. I appreciate your thoughts.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

It should have updated engine and overall pics not the craigslist ad ones if all that stuff was fixed, there is clearly a water line in cabin, I would fix that.... wondering why it's being sold so fast since you just got it..kinda opens peoples eyes wondering why... the amount of scammers lately pawning off stuff on people make us very defensive towards things being "hidden"
Old 08-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Registered

It is being sold because I got engaged and am now a family of 7. The boat is too small. I purchased the boat a few months ago.
As for pics, yes there are a couple on eBay that I reused only because I did not have new ones at the time of listing. Thank you Full Force for you suggestions. I will certainly take them into consideration.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I've parted many boats and still do. I look at everything as part out. For some one to enjoy it's worth more I will say. But it's different when the people of OSO get a look because they know what it will cost to do X item a rehab or a resto ect so little tougher of a crowd but all with good intention
Old 08-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Good posting Justfloatin

I'm not interested in buying your boat but it's good to see you sign up here if only to answer a few questions on one thread.

To those looking to buy a Cigarette, here's one more for sale and you now have direct contact with the owner. He's seems open to answer any questions about the boat so if your in the market, take advantage of this thread and as usual, after due diligence and proper inspection you may get exactly what you're looking for.

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.