Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Why is this 38 Flat Deck selling so cheap?? >

Why is this 38 Flat Deck selling so cheap??

Notices

Why is this 38 Flat Deck selling so cheap??

Old 08-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
En heard the boat was stripped by owner due to lot of money spent on motors that didn't last very long. If Phil wants to get into I'm sure he will if not I respect that . As much as I heard he got beat up on it and not due to his fault of any way.
Yea he got screwed if the story I got is true and most of it came from him, I was talking to him about other stuff with dales engines and he told me what happened I would have KidApaches azz for it stealing 35,000 in parts is illegal no matter what boat was in Phil's name .
Old 08-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Pretty much the jist I got. How some one could strip a boat down to glass and the owner of the property " not know" is beyond me. Maybe I'm weak but I cant of over the shoulder a BBC and carry it down a ladder

Last edited by Sick Stinger; 08-20-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hahahah
Old 08-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Yea he got screwed if the story I got is true and most of it came from him, I was talking to him about other stuff with dales engines and he told me what happened I would have KidApaches azz for it stealing 35,000 in parts is illegal no matter what boat was in Phil's name .
How is any of this possible? Matt Trulio published an article about upstate powerboats and stated that the boat was sold. If the boat was in fact sold, there is no reason for it to end up back in the kids possession. The whole thing stinks of half truths, I wish the kid the best of luck and nobody deserves to get screwed, but I'm not buying any of it.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid
How is any of this possible? Matt Trulio published an article about upstate powerboats and stated that the boat was sold. If the boat was in fact sold, there is no reason for it to end up back in the kids possession. The whole thing stinks of half truths, I wish the kid the best of luck and nobody deserves to get screwed, but I'm not buying any of it.
I have my own thoughts but keeping them to myself..... I just said what I heard and was told....
Old 08-20-2015, 03:29 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

The tale goes it went back to get motors put in with bigger ponies. Motors went south in a couple ways and then an X amount of time went by and it was a bare hull that Houdini took apart him self it seems. Not sure how Phil got stuck with the boat / out some money if it sold he was paid transfer of owner ship and title. If it was brought back for more work then that's a different job in essenence
Old 08-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

OK this is pure rocket science speculation, but here goes..... THe kid is getting anxious to unload the cafe So he starts wheeling and dealing. Makes deal to sell boat conditionally,,, i.e; I will buy it if you do this this and this. In the process of doing this this and this, he subs the work out and here is where the dealgoes south....

One of 2 things most likely happened..

1. The guy he made the deal with realizes he is about to get boned so he strips the boat to recoup his investment ( he has probably shelled out $$ to have the boat put in the condition he want but hasnt yet actuall paid for the boat itself..)

or

2. The kid goes with the sweetest talking lowest bidder to complete the work (Who doesnt seem to have the best reputation stripping boats and selling used parts) and surprise!!!

While it does suck the kid took it in the shorts, he is young, naive and was advised by many to take the time to learn the ways of sea as there are sharks and sea monsters lurking. Instead he insisted he was a world class swimmer and dove off the deep end. Now he is struggling to climb to shore with water up his nose and bleeding somewhat profusely .Ambition is a wonderful thing, with the proper guidance it can be a great path to success, Ambition and arrogance can also be a direct path to butt hurt.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Well if that is true at least lesson learned. Better when you are young and no bills.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

You make valid sceneries
Old 08-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Dont get me wrong.I like the kid, he has ambition and balls, just needs direction...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.