BLOWN INCOME is back up for sale

Old 02-22-2017, 01:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
Do it Do it.....

According to another member here, this was said about this boat 7 yrs ago

"Was originally red and was built as a boat show boat. Craig Barrie brought it to Annapolis and other Boat Shows back then. The original name was Cover Girl and it did appear on the cover of a magazine. They did an in-depth article, which I think I have at my beach house. Originally it had normally aspirated Hawk 572's and #3 SSM's. The boat was owned for a long time by a really nice guy named Ray Clary. I was on boat several times and ran beside it many times. At the time Ray ran out of Indian River Inlet Delaware with Smokin' Joe (43 TRIP Scarab) and Art and Nory - (Return of the Ultimate Warrior 41 Apache). For a year or two, Ray changed the name to 'Top Fuel' but went back to Blown Income. Ray did most or all of the work on the boat himself. He later moved it up on the Chesapeake bay somewhere."
Yup, I'm the member who said this. And I do still have part of the engine article.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 02-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

OMG, wrong timing... of course... not a weekend staying in kinda boat, but it could be????
Old 02-23-2017, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

I stay in my 28ss. It seems legit to me. Lol. Does it have a cabin?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by ham_r_down01
I stay in my 28ss. It seems legit to me. Lol. Does it have a cabin?
Keep in mind FF has a entourage of Haitians that flop on his boat any given weekend.

FF,
This boat could work for you, just give Ronnie a road cone and blanket
Old 02-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure it has a cabin but with a cockpit like this, it's pretty much straight forward to go rip s&*^ up at 5-6, 6-8 real footers at 90 mph. Not the cockpit if you want a pleasure setup and to go swimming. IMO this is the best setup 6 pack. Great setup and if it's solid and strong running gear, it's a steal. IMO, this is not the boat to use to go to the sandbar, hanging out etc just like our Skater isn't either. We have another boat for that. Could it be done; yes Do people do it; yes but not the most dis arable setup for it.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:03 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I emailed yesterday and he doesn't have any more pictures. The boat is shrink wrapped without a zipper, so these are the only pictures we'll get until it thaws up north. He said the boat is a 9 of 10 condition wise and runs on 93 octane. He said it has a small split cuddy cabin and interior is in great shape.

I wouldn't do anything without a survey, and wouldn't pay for a survey without more pics first. My buddy just had to replace his transom in the same year Cigarette.

Last edited by WARPARTY36; 02-23-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Keep in mind FF has a entourage of Haitians that flop on his boat any given weekend.

FF,
This boat could work for you, just give Ronnie a road cone and blanket
Sure is tempting....
Old 02-23-2017, 11:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I emailed yesterday and he doesn't have any more pictures. The boat is shrink wrapped without a zipper, so these are the only pictures we'll get until it thaws up north. He said the boat is a 9 of 10 condition wise and runs on 93 octane. He said it has a small split cuddy cabin and interior is in great shape.

I wouldn't do anything without a survey, and wouldn't pay for a survey without more pics first. My buddy just had to replace his transom in the same year Cigarette.
The engines and drives are worth the price alone, I look at every deal for what is it worth in parts...
Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I totally agree with you Full Force but in order to use the engines and drives you need to have a solid boat to be able to push it to it's limits. Yes i know a transom, stringer etc can be replaced but now it turns into a project and when it's all set and down after unrigging, re-rigging and do other stuff which we all do when fixing something you are in the boat for $80K which now is not that great of deal you thought it was. Of course that's saying that the running gear is all good and not ready for rebuilt. As i know Bubba, if he was to consider this, he sure doesn't want a project.

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 02-23-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

It`s a great deal till the drives blow up, gas tanks leak, and motors need a rebuild from bottom up plus about a 1000 other small things that add up to one large bill. Good times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.