BLOWN INCOME is back up for sale

Notices

BLOWN INCOME is back up for sale

Old 03-10-2017, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les
Blown Income looks like a boat that was sold out of Londontown Marina a few years back. How many yellow Cigs with the original dash and that triple front seat are there? Just curious if it may be the same boat and just being resold again..'

EDIT: and after seeing this comment I'm really curious if that is the case.....
Yes, same boat
Old 03-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Yes, same boat
I thought so.. I remember when Dave went through it for the seller prior to it going out. Even then I remember he said it needed some batteries, but then fired right up.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I bought some #6 props off of Vincent few years back. Seemed like a really nice guy!

Does the Carter guy build engines?
I'll redirect some of the answers you've gotten in reference to Carter. If a customer needs paint work done, glass work done, motor work done, interior, drives, restoration or just general touch up work, he has the means to get it all done. Do a search on here for him. "Carter38" His work speaks for itself.

You will find multiple customers on here that he's done work for. Mostly Cigs, several Skaters. Him and his dad have a cult following. To be honest, we try to keep them to ourselves so we can enjoy their spoiles, but somehow the word manages to get out about them.

I would ask him personally any questions about what they do rather than take anyone's word as gospel. He will take a call from anyone or you can message him here. I've seen some answers that are very misleading already. Very knowledgable.

Buck
Old 03-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
he also does good work. Thanks for plugging him!
So you had your boat done there? What boat was it?
Old 03-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Registered

I think people get confused with the term "builder" vs "assembler". If you farm out all the work, you are not a builder. This goes for engines as well, there are some shops that do zero machine work of their own. Therefore.....they are engine assemblers.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have seen that boat since the late 80's or early 90's here on the South River, and the last time was 5-6 years ago at Londontown Marina. Originally was red hull with white interior, and at some point it went to all yellow and the areo scoops were added. Not sure if it had intercoolers back in the day, so maybe the scoops were added to clear those? I hope not just for looks. Never saw it with any other name, never saw it left in the water, and never in anything other than really nice condition. First time was in late 80's or early 90's at the gas docks at Pier Seven in Edgewater, on our way to see the Blue Angles fly for the Naval Academy Graduation - an Annapolis tradition for boaters. I was with family and friends in my fathers Sea Ray when the boat pulled up. Loved that the "O's" in the name "Blown Income" were blower pulleys. This was the baddest Cig in the area at that time. There were 3 couples on board, and they were all dressed very nice, like they had just left the office, or were headed out to a nice dinner - not normal boating attire in my world. As we were leaving I commented to the owner, after seeing the polished blowers with the hatch up, that he was probably gonna be there a while (filling up), and he responded, "yea, but don't worry, we'll still beat you guys over there" (around to Annapolis on the Severn River). Sure enough, just as we were entering the bay, they came flying past us, at what I figured at the time was high 80's, with everyone wearing matching red goggles and big smiles. Awesome sight, and still an awesome memory... At the time I was fresh out of college and slowly cracking up the bottom of a Vee-bottom jet boat, building up my throttle arm (imagine the workout in rough water when basically your prop is ABOVE the hull bottom, lol), and dreaming of having a boat with a decent hull..... (still miss that unbreakable jet pump though)

Personally, I think the all yellow hurts it's resale ability, and so maybe it's value. The red with white interior version was just killer.

Last edited by Hang Time 27; 04-26-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
Have seen that boat since the late 80's or early 90's here on the South River, and the last time was 5-6 years ago at Londontown Marina. Originally was red hull with white interior, and at some point it went to all yellow and the areo scoops were added. Not sure if it had intercoolers back in the day, so maybe the scoops were added to clear those? I hope not just for looks. Never saw it with any other name, never saw it left in the water, and never in anything other than really nice condition. First time was in late 80's or early 90's at the gas docks at Pier Seven in Edgewater, on our way to see the Blue Angles fly for the Naval Academy Graduation - an Annapolis tradition for boaters. I was with family and friends in my fathers Sea Ray when the boat pulled up. Loved that the "O's" in the name "Blown Income" were blower pulleys. This was the baddest Cig in the area at that time. There were 3 couples on board, and they were all dressed very nice, like they had just left the office, or were headed out to a nice dinner - not normal boating attire in my world. As we were leaving I commented to the owner, after seeing the polished blowers with the hatch up, that he was probably gonna be there a while (filling up), and he responded, "yea, but don't worry, we'll still beat you guys over there" (around to Annapolis on the Severn River). Sure enough, just as we were entering the bay, they came flying past us, at what I figured at the time was high 80's, with everyone wearing matching red goggles and big smiles. Awesome sight, and still an awesome memory... At the time I was fresh out of college and slowly cracking up the bottom of a Vee-bottom jet boat, building up my throttle arm (imagine the workout in rough water when basically your prop is ABOVE the hull bottom, lol), and dreaming of having a boat with a decent hull..... (still miss that unbreakable jet pump though)

Personally, I think the all yellow hurts it's resale ability, and so maybe it's value. The red with white interior version was just killer.
Great story!!!!