Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Engine machine shops around DFW >

Engine machine shops around DFW

Notices

Engine machine shops around DFW

Old 06-10-2021, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with your point about RM- never seen or heard of them in a powerboat and I too spend my pass time reading boat ads!

I didn’t build a 4500 sq ft shop to let others work on my boat! Lol I’m a gear head over anything, looking forward to turning wrenches in my own space at my leisure!

I’m pretty sure I’ll be using Boyd’s. A friend of mine owns LDP machine in Troy, Mo. They specialize in diesels but now have a very experienced BBC machinist and tooled up with nice stuff. I may let Jeff handle this and help him get some exposure and proof outside of the amazing diesels he builds.

whether I go with Boyd’s or LDP I will certainly post pics and progress reports here along with final results… stay tuned!

The following users liked this post:
Padraig (06-14-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Welcome to small town Texas...

I was born and raised on Cedar Creek Lake, and still live there now...It’s about 30 mins from Edgewood...
If you need and advice or info about the area feel free to give me a shout...my only advice on the engine work you’re wanting done would be is for you to go elsewhere for that...lol
Shane
Old 06-28-2021, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Boyds and Eric know what they are doing

Originally Posted by Metalguy38
Thanks,

I called both of them and they are actually about the same ball park cost. But Reher actually told me they don’t mess with blower motors too much, although they obviously have the reputation in drag racing it sounds like Boyd is more familiar with this application.

eric at Boyd seemed to be very nice and professional with straight forward advice- has anyone else used Boyd’s? By the looks of their website looks like they do a lot with offshore…
Eric knows what he is talking about and they build great motors. Have had good luck with them.
Metalguy38 (07-02-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 02:41 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Eric at Boyd is a straight shooter and good guy. He did all of the motors for Freedom US-1 when Jim Lee owned it. Mark Boos is also a straight shooter and good guy. Can’t go wrong with either one.
The following 2 users liked this post by WARPARTY36:
Metalguy38 (07-02-2021), offshoredrillin (07-01-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Eric at Boyd is a straight shooter and good guy. He did all of the motors for Freedom US-1 when Jim Lee owned it. Mark Boos is also a straight shooter and good guy. Can’t go wrong with either one.
Thanks for the info fellas… I’m going to hold off and dunk the boat for LOTO shootout and maybe a weekend at Texoma. I’ll be sending off for motor rebuilds this fall and spend the winter on rest of upgrade plans.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Your boat is beautiful!
Metalguy38 (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biff
Your boat is beautiful!
thanks Biff, I got lucky to find a pretty one in my budget.

got her out yesterday finally… moving cross country and homesteading land sucks!!!! Lol

WindChaser (07-11-2021)