Old 07-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! What a great powerboat!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Black Tornado, I just saw the connection with Viareggio and put 2 + 2 together. Flying Fish, I am the guy you refer to navigating Bonuty Hunter, here's the link for my old mans story. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...do-1968-a.html
Old 07-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratman72
Thanks Black Tornado, I just saw the connection with Viareggio and put 2 + 2 together. Flying Fish, I am the guy you refer to navigating Bonuty Hunter, here's the link for my old mans story. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...do-1968-a.html
Balestrieri is of Rome even though he lives in Montecarlo.
Viareggio was at home,however, and his motoryacht Cohete was often in the docks.
What you have to do with the old "Tornado"?

Last edited by Black Tornado; 07-12-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Wow! What a great powerboat!
Thats for sure.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Balestrieri is of Rome even though he lives in Montecarlo.
Viareggio was at home,however, and his motoryacht Cohete was often in the docks.
What you have to do with the old "Tornado"?
My father bought one of his boats - the one that sank in teh '68 CTC, then rebuilt it and raced it. Follow this link http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...do-1968-a.html and there are soem photos.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

My father bought one of his boats - the one that sank in teh '68 CTC, then rebuilt it and raced it. Follow this link http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...do-1968-a.html and there are soem photos.
So you're the son of Ian Toll or who?.
I knew the thread that talks about the restoration but I did not associate yourself with it.
The episode of the "Tornado",or "White Tornado" (not to be confused with the "White Tornado" Bertram 32') as Balestrieri he called it confidentially, is legendary.
Balestrieri it seems he was very emotional attachment to that 28' maybe because it was his first boat (and the first engines) really competitive had in his hands after many years of racing.
The loss of the boat was not something that the Roman easily digested.
Even if the true owner appears to have been his mechanic Don Pruett (perhaps purely for tax reasons to avoid) and it was the Texan to sell the 'wreck' for a few pounds.
See it in the docks of Cowes the next year for Balestrieri must have been a strange feeling.
Your father,discovered why it sank.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 07-12-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:41 AM
MF
Registered

Originally Posted by Billy Martin
Thanks! Was I talking to you Saturday Night at the Party?

Jr.
Hi, just trying to PM you for some questions, but your box is full....How can i get in touch with you ?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
So you're the son of Ian Toll or who?.
I knew the thread that talks about the restoration but I did not associate yourself with it.
The episode of the "Tornado",or "White Tornado" (not to be confused with the "White Tornado" Bertram 32') as Balestrieri he called it confidentially, is legendary.
Balestrieri it seems he was very emotional attachment to that 28' maybe because it was his first boat (and the first engines) really competitive had in his hands after many years of racing.
The loss of the boat was not something that the Roman easily digested.
Even if the true owner appears to have been his mechanic Don Pruett (perhaps purely for tax reasons to avoid) and it was the Texan to sell the 'wreck' for a few pounds.
See it in the docks of Cowes the next year for Balestrieri must have been a strange feeling.
Your father,discovered why it sank.
Yes, that’s right, I'm Ian's son, Christian. Ian has a whole portfolio of the salvage and rebuild - rally interesting stuff. He also has the original bill of sale from Don Pruit. Ian is a Magnum man and is currently rebuilding a 27 but that won’t be in the water until next year. WRT the sinking - the ballast tank in the bow split as it the boat was going across Lyme Bay. Are you going to Cowes this year, I’ll be there racing Bounty Hunter with the owner of the boat……………….
Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

Are you going to Cowes this year, I’ll be there racing Bounty Hunter with the owner of the boat……………….
I will not be there unfortunately.
But I might meet fingers for you and the Dry 35'.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered

Bounty Hunter Pics from this years Cowes-Torquay-Cowes Race.

Quick Reply: Bounty Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.