Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat. >

Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat.

Notices

Looking for History of Magnum "Power Hungry" race boat.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:26 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by amxess
Looks like forum member Lens Mag Marine is taking over the project and she'll be going back up north where she first raced. Hope she gets restored and races again!
Len,

Congrats on taking over the redoing of the Lil Smidgen Magnum. You been looking for a 3 man race boat for a while now. Here you go

Please keep us posted on the restoring project as it goes along.
Are you going to be doing the work yourself, or have some one do it for you?

Great to see it being saved and be great to see the progress on how she is coming along.
Thank you
Jim

Last edited by dammmagnum; 02-12-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:12 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by amxess
Looks like forum member Lens Mag Marine is taking over the project and she'll be going back up north where she first raced. Hope she gets restored and races again!
Wow... I didn't see that coming.
Congrats Len... knew you've been looking for something like this for some time now.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lens new /old magnum

That is great Len...send pictures as it progresses. Good luck on the re build and if I can be of any help on hardware let me know. Bud

Last edited by mr vinyl; 02-12-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
That is great Len...send pictures as it progresses. Good luck on the re build and if I can be of any help on hardware let me know. Bud
Thank you guys, yes ive been wanting a race boat for a while now, I got away from wanting a boat 30ft and under and thought i would hold out for something bigger but when i seens it was Lil Smidgen, Seminole spirit, American Spirit i really relooked what i wanted.

Ive got old post from 2008 asking alot of info about this boat and wanted to find it, I even though of doing up another Mag to look like it as i love the way the boat looked and the History (wow)

Im a bit worryed as i know its a lot of work as you all have seen some pic's, but im going to pull it off as it funny how things fall into your lap.

Really going to need help here on info and idea's for the boat as far as drives, moter, and the name ???????

Please do give me your thoughts and idea's

Thanks Len

Last edited by Lens mag marine; 02-13-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Thats awesome, glad to see she's coming back home (LSC). Many memories of her when I was kid at Emerald City Harbor.

I like the idea of keeping the name Lil' Smidgen and maybe with Wally Harper's name as driver.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I second that. That would be awesome!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lens mag marine
Thank you guys, yes ive been wanting a race boat for a while now, I got away from wanting a boat 30ft and under and thought i would hold out for something bigger but when i seens it was Lil Smidgen, Seminole spirit, American Spirit i really relooked what i wanted.

Ive got old post from 2008 asking alot of info about this boat and wanted to find it, I even though of doing up another Mag to look like it as i love the way the boat looked and the History (wow)

Im a bit worryed as i know its a lot of work as you all have seen some pic's, but im going to pull it off as it funny how things fall into your lap.

Really going to need help here on info and idea's for the boat as far as drives, moter, and the name ???????

Please do give me your thoughts and idea's

Thanks Len
Len,

Great ,, am sure there is a lot of the Guys from LSC and the area that can give you a lot of the details on the Magnum when it was racing. are you planning on doing the work or have someone do some of it?

Keep us posted on the progress
Great to see her coming back to life again.

Thank you
jim
Old 02-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Len, Congradulations on this boat ! I'm sure all the members will be a big help as you restore this gem. The name should be Lil Smigden in Wally honor. "HIGH LIFE"
Old 02-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Don't see very many of those Donohue Javelins anymore, I had one it was yellow w/black stripes and a GREEN corduroy interior, also had a 1973 black Pierre Cardin 401 AMX

h2oboater, you need to buy it, that way you will have both Smidgen's, how cool would that be.
Wow Lee, didn't think you were weird enough to own an AMC.
I'd take an AMX/3 if you see one layin' around.

Jeff
Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
Len, Congradulations on this boat ! I'm sure all the members will be a big help as you restore this gem. The name should be Lil Smigden in Wally honor. "HIGH LIFE"
Hey guys and thank you for the nice messages, yes im thinking the same as far as the name. same colours same everthing but there are a few updated items i would like on her

I cant sleep at night thinking about this boat

Yes im going to bring the boat to a few guys to have work done as i dont want to mess around, nor will this be a 2 or 3 year project. I want it done in a far time line and Yes im also planning on doing alot myself

What kind of power did her small blocks run with the trs drives and her speed????

Last edited by Lens mag marine; 02-14-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.