Notices

Scorpion powerboats

Old 01-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by salty dog
Julio, Randy Sosa and Rene were the crew on the New York run,if my memory is correct. Wow had not seen the Super Q boat since back in the day (Sundays on the bay) Key Biscayne.
Back in the mid to late 80's I was a regular at Sundays on the Bay in my 454 magnum powered Velocity! It was always a cool place to go on saturday evening to check out all the high performance boats rafted up!
Old 01-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Scorpion,Midnight Express or Mirage who was the best? all top boats back in the day of local builders, man those were the days.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Scorpion,Midnight Express or Mirage who was the best? all top boats back in the day of local builders, man those were the days.
Thats a good question....I believe Midnight express is the strongest....slowest also.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Back in the mid to late 80's I was a regular at Sundays on the Bay in my 454 magnum powered Velocity! It was always a cool place to go on saturday evening to check out all the high performance boats rafted up!
Use to go there as well back than when my old man had is 28 Cig. The hardware and women that were there was second to none. You use to see all the big hitters there. Those sure where the days but unfortunately after hurricane Andrew in 92 they never rebuilt it. Ever since than until today is still just empty land.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
My estimate is 4 37's. the most popular boat was the 32.

BUP - The 24 molds were not in great shape. The guy who bought them was in the trailer business. He'd never built boats before. I doubt if any were ever constructed. If I remember he was over by Dallas.

Yes xxxx. Julito named the company Scorpion but he had partners as well including Randy Sosa and the guys from "Cuban Jewelers". His Dad, Julio Sr. also worked in the shop and was in charge of purchasing/ parts...etc.
Any Idea on how many 32s were built?
Thank you
Old 01-15-2015, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All three were different boats... different applications. Midnights were bullet proof... but weighed a ton. I have a 32 Mirage and I love the lines of this boat - but miss the Scorpion. While Julio and I share a love/ hate relationship, I have to admit he was one hell of a boat builder back in the day.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to admit he was one hell of a boat builder back in the day.
Can't agree with you more; not to mention fearless as hell. Big Pelotas; even today.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Any Idea on how many 32s were built?
Thank you

My guess - and it's a guess - around 50 to 60. This includes flat decks, Elegante' and Center console.

Also keep in mind the Avance and Tempest are identical hulls to the 32 Scorpion. Ralph Barca was a Scorpion partner and left to start Avance. He used a blank 32 and crafted new decks. GM Bobby Falacara left Scorpion with him. Bobby and I were best friends back in the day.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

My guess - and it's a guess - around 50 to 60. This includes flat decks, Elegante' and Center console.

Also keep in mind the Avance and Tempest are identical hulls to the 32 Scorpion.
I thought a Tempest was a Viper.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Viper

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535721[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Scorpion powerboats-viper.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.