Hydraulic Jack Plates twin setup 30' CC >

Hydraulic Jack Plates twin setup 30' CC

Notices

Hydraulic Jack Plates twin setup 30' CC

Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Jack Plates twin setup 30' CC

currently have a 30' CC with twin Mercury 250EFI's. I am running 23pitch 3-blade Mirage Plus props (which have been labbed), K-plane trim tabs and my best has been 71mph trimmed out turning right at 5,000 rmp's. I have access to a set of hydraulic jackplates sitting here and was considering trying them out on my setup. Has anyone had any experience running jackplates with the swim platforms? and if so what has the outcome been. Will this set the weight of the motors too far back? I have low water pickups on the nose cone of the lower units so im thinking being able to trim the motors out the water a little more may help. I also have options for trying different props when/if i decide to go with this set up as I am assuming my RPM's will go up. any information from previous experiences with at similar setup would be greatly appreciated....... guess its a NEED for SPEED lol thanks guys!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try stepping back the props, or just raising the motors without plates, those RPM's are too low for 250EFI's Twins on a bracket+jackpletes = a lot of setback, and probably throw off COG.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

wow, 71@ 5,000 rpm? I dont think that is a stock set up, I am hoping for low 60's with my 225's, I have a magazine from 07 that tested the stepped 30 with 225 optis and it ran 64.1.

I should get mine out this weekend for my shake down run, excited!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Registered

We tried the 23 mirages on mine, with about the same speed as you on the gps. I have the engines on the top hole with LWP under the nose cone. They are pretty high up on that top hole. The 4 blade 21p bravo props lost speed but the boat handles better and cruises better. Your boat is pretty well setup, not sure how much more you can get out of it.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

some calculation must be off because a 23p prop at 5000 rpms with the merc 1.75:1 gears with a 5% slip (which is low) is only 59 mph. Regardless of that any time you have less drag by getting the motor up you will have increases rpm's resulting in increased speeds when you have the right prop. Im running one on my concept 23 and love it

Last edited by bsullivan403; 05-06-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

Default Jack plate

I got mine on the water for the first time this weekend after a long rebuild was very impressed but started thinking of a jack plate also? I'm currently on 2nd down from top and are wondering if I should've mounted all the way up? I'm running a 300 HPDI single on a 27' any sugg?
Thanks..