Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
496 ho alarm before start up ( any suggestions)? >

496 ho alarm before start up ( any suggestions)?

Notices

496 ho alarm before start up ( any suggestions)?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can one get the scan tool?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

http://www.rinda.com/marine/marinemenu.htm
Old 08-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered

would the basic kit read an 03 496?

also did you check your trim pump level and power steering levels? When i first got my boat the first time i went out i would get a beep when i gave the boat throttle to bring it up on plain but only when i would give it throttle did the boat beep it would beep for 2 sec every 5 sec i looked at all the fluids and they were full but i noticed the power steering fluid was just a few mm below the fill line, i disconnected the sensor and tried the boat again the beep went away. When i was at the docks trying to diagnose the problem i had the ignition on and the boat was beeping after i killed the motor, when i turned the ignition off and back on the beep went away until i went to give the boat power. When i would power up the boat the angle of the boat would change causing the fluid to dip below the full line enough to trigger a cockpit alarm.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Registered

I recently had a similar problem. Turned out mine was the sensor in the flame arrestor. I had unplugged it to clean it and when I plugged it back in the connector must have had some corrosion on it. Took it back apart and cleaned the connector and reinstalled and beep was gone. The diag software didnt show me thie problem. Hope this helps.