1.50 to 1.36 74 mph boat...

Notices

1.50 to 1.36 74 mph boat...

Old 06-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
Caution:

If the 1.36:1 drives are "untouched" 1991 drives, you need to plan on a cone clutch upgrade. The pre 1990 drives are 3 rib clutches, and 1992 ish they went to 6 rib. Those drives may or may not have the 6 rib clutches in them already. The upgrade is not expensive, and needs done as SOON as you detect a slow shift or clunk when shifting.

MC

MC
Thanks for the heads up, I have a set of cones from an xr. Would they fit?

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Just put complete rebuilt from bottom up motor in a couple months ago & had the top end redone on the other last spring. Boats always been an @ best 70mph from the day I got it almost 4 years ago!! My hull actually has a small factory hook in it, does yours?
You being @ or near sea level prolly helps quite a bit? The #'s your running are actually very typical or better than the stepped hull 32's w/ same power
I have to look at mine. My 88 did and was told it was due to helping with stability while on the pad. Was only about 4" long and maybe 3/8" deep. As for elevation my local lake is right around 900ft above sea level. Also (from the other thread) I still could use some pictures since the engine compartment was all sorts of f'ed up.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

What are the specifics you need pictures of?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
What are the specifics you need pictures of?
Things like how the oil collet is mounted. I guess anything overall that I can zoom in on. The routing of wires erc is so poop I don't know where to start. Both motors are different so I'm looking for reference as to where to start. Thanks again.